Google Calendar Updates

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
Reports coming in claims that the search engine giants Google would be launching their Google Calendar service sometime today. Screenshots of such a service has been available online for quite sometime and public access to this service is expected to begin from today.

Umm. It's actually working here ;)

https://techwhack.co/3431/google-calendar-2/
http://www.google.com/calendar/render

vebk

Mr. Advocate
Regulars
Jan 8, 2005
New Delhi
What exactly is the big deal about Google calendar?

seshu

Listener
Regulars
Mar 31, 2006
^ it is by Google . thats it !

Wouldn't it be great to be able to keep track of all the events in your life, coordinate schedules with friends and family, and find new things to do -- all with one online calendar? We thought so, too.  ....  .... [/b]

St0le

The Funny One
Regulars
Dec 3, 2005
the guys at G are quite the weirdos......their next service will probably offer to do our dishes....

vebk

Mr. Advocate
Regulars
Jan 8, 2005
New Delhi
hmm, Google Dishes sounds like a great service to me!

Anyway, here's a video that talks more about what it's all about. (The woman in the video is not the most camera friendly person I have seen, but it's a tad informative).

Basically this thing would be awesome if and when a lot of people and organizations especially would start using them. e.g. if your college / school / office started posting calendars, then their events would appear on your calendar along with say other calendars you may have subscribed to like say a cricket calendar which shows all the matches that are being played every day..... pretty cool way to keep in touch with a whole lot of stuff, but contingent on google calendar spreading to that level of becoming mainstream.... very do-able but much more so in the states, than here....

Sushubh

Administrator
[OP]
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
i am planning to organise my beer meets through this... meetup was complicated and crappy method of doing that.

devil

Regular
Regulars
Apr 4, 2006
now days google is getting into all kinds of crap they should instead concentrate on developing their search engine which made them famousgoogle calendar,google talk,google pack.........what next ???..........google TV

Reactions: Sushubh