Triband and Ubuntu linux

• Thread starter Thread starter coolmob
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 5,846
Ideally you should not need Hard disk acess while using Live CD. Everything that you need is already there on CD.

But if you MUST access NTFS, then either use a free Read Only driver that comes with Ubuntu with:

Code:
sudo mkdir /media/windowssudo mount /dev/hda1 /media/windows/ -t ntfs -o nls=utf8,umask=0222
change dev/hda1 to suite your hard disk layout.

Or purchase/pirate proper read/write driver that comes with RedHat Enterprise. Readhat Kernel that I have, has this built in.

There is another commercial driver (http://www.ntfs-linux.com/demo.htm). You can copy this driver into Ubuntu from Demo CD.

Seems like Ubuntu 6.06 Dapper final release has been delayed by six weeks.

Is it necessary that the router has to be in the bridged mode when using it on Linux...bcz my router which is connected to one of the LAN cards isn't getting detected when i go for configuring the network card in KNOPPIX...help guys...where as when in Windows and using Linux thru VMWARE...the interface gets detected

QUOTE(Raptor @ May 5 2006, 12:49 AM) [snapback]50265[/snapback]
Damn I have been waiting for it since Feb.
[/b]

downlaod the beta man. not like it would crash on you. any software on a bad day would do that to you. 😉

for ubuntu download the full installation with package cds first and install with that as oppsed to the internet install..this way u will have GUI before u have to bother with connecting the internet.. once u have that simply use ur browser to change the dns settings to manual.. on the router and then do what sanke1 said.also, if u don't wanna download ubuntu i have about 50 copies of it from when i ordered free cds from thier website