Kindly Attention:coolbuddy79

• Thread starter Thread starter mtnltriband
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 3,868

mtnltriband

ISP
sefs
Dear Coolbuddy,First of all sorry to take your valuable time.But please go ahead and take a moment to read and reply my message.Do SNR margin Attenuation change?? or they are static forever from the day of installtion.My attenuation has shooted up to 40 earlier it was low.I want to know why it has shooted up and what are the consequences of shooting up.How will it effect me.Right now the statistic are as below: Downstream UpstreamSNR Margin (dB): 29.9 23.0 Attenuation (dB): 40.0 24.5 Output Power (dBm): 3.5 0.2 Attainable Rate (Kbps): 8000 1120 Please analyse the above statistic and help me out.I would be highly greatful for your help.Thanks,

If it's specifically for coolbuddy You could have Pmed Him...You are qualified for Pming i guess....

any one in forum can help me 😀 as far as it solves my purpose I dont mind who answers it.Since it was coolbuddy who wrote abt this SNR etc I wanted to attract his attention.BTW, coolbuddy and other members please try to answer the post

Attenuation means the disturbance in ur line developed due to the distance betn ur home and local exchange. It can make connection unreliable and slow if that number goes over 60This might be due to some wiring work in progress.Ur Splitter not installed correctly.Some magnetic or unwanted disturbances (Birds sittin and shittin on wire exposed to air) Thats unlikely.And last but not the least Congrats "Your exchange has just moved to some better place searchin for some greener pastures"

You stole my words sanke1 ...I didn't wanted to get yelled again like "did i asked for help from you" so i remained silent lol 😛

mtnltriband..ur question is answered in the post itself by coolbuddy

SNR Margin - This is a measure (in dB) of how good your data signal is. Higher numbers are better. If this number drops below 6, you'll start to have sync problems.

Attenuation - Measures (in dB) how much signal loss there is on the line - this should be a low number and in any case should be no more than around 60-65 dB.

for a moment i thought u had faxed this post 😛

man my line attenuation is around 52 stable now.. 🙁 . sucks!!..my snr margin has dropped to a pathetic low of 13 🙁 .. again sucks.. cant figure out a way to do anything abt it .. and again.. sucks!sheesh

lol...thanks guys for replying on my behalf 😀

still if u have any queries, do let me know dude...

Attainable Rate (Kbps): 8000 1120[/b]

but dude, r u synced at 8 mbps??? 😱

which plan r u in??? :huh:

Dude as ur query is answered nowbut next time PLZ use the the google link or read the sticky cause almost every thing is posted.

SNR Margin (dB) 30.3 23.0 Attenuation (dB) 22.5 12.0 Output Power (dBm) 14.1 12.1 mera connection kaisa hai? koi bhai log bataye mujhe!

SNR Margin (dB) 32 16Attenuation (dB) 15 6Yeah thats mine.Sushubh i think its perfectly OK for ya.You cant do anything if u get very high attnuation.Maybe exchange can help.