Mozilla Firefox Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2,397
  • Views Views 390,306
We're jumping the gun by a bit here....
Firefox 1.0 is still some distance away.

The link above is for the nightly build of an RC (testing) build of a beta build (0.10). And zero-point-ten is still not the same as one-point-zero. The mozilla roadmap shows 0.11 and 0.12 as well. So, even the v0.10 isn't out yet - The big one-oh is some way to go yet.

This is not a put-down for fans - just a heads-up, so that people won't take this build and then declare that v1.0 is not good. By all means test this build, but remember its not final.

This image is the best way to make it clear:

yesterday i downloaded PR (Pre Release) and i DON'T recommend it to any1. it still has a lot of bugs and for example, .exe and .zip files are taken as a streaming object (i don't know what firefox developers want to do with this), maybe it's a future feature of the download manager...

PR or RC are generally not recommended to anyone who wants to use a reliable browser. but it works fine for me, even faster than opera at times and i believe feature set gives a fine idea what to expect in the final version... what do u mean by streaming download of zips and exe. 🤔also the version I mentioned here was not released publically. it was a pre-release mentioned on the mozillazine and some developers blog! every version of firefox till now has been nothing but a technological preview 😉

All the promotions it is getting will go long way promoting it to more users online who can help the cause by choosing this nifty software over Internet Explorer to make their experiences of surfing more secure and fun. You can be a part of the revolution! Get Firefox! and support the cause. The web can do with a better browser that promotes technologies which makes internet more secure and accessible. And Internet Explorer is inhibiting that development.

Get Firefox!

Last edited:
it's the coolest piece of software.. the only problem with it for me is the download manager.. it sometimes just stops downloading a file halfway.. anyways been using it over ie for some time now

i hate breaking extensions and themes. charamel broke in 1.0PR still waiting for it to get updated... 🙁

Lol ... remember the MS employee saying he used firefox? 😉 This is getting better n better 😀

i would hate to use IE if i were working in MS. same problem i had when i applied in digit magazine. i told the guys, i hate the magazine. prefer internet to get my information... 🙁

there was a MS blogger who promoted firefox using their banners... but another blogger who posted pictures of Apple G5s going into MS headquarters was fired. 🙂

Download the firefox from this link - it comes with all the extensions you will ever need.
download - 18 MB
Don't be fooled, the above download is a totally different beast as comparted to the stock firefox 1.0 that you get from mozilla.org.

Please post comments here about the above downloaded browser. I'd like to see what level of interest is there in this sort of utilities - if the response is good, then I'd start posting more along these lines! 🙂

@Sushubh
Even if you're not interested about firefox, I think this is a good candidate for you to review. Its a very special build.

18 meg browser? and they say it competes with opera? i can live without it 🙂

Just to make things clear, the above release is Unofficial and users are adviced to use it on their own risk. SEO4India is no way responsible!