Tata Teleservices Photon Pro Questions

• Thread starter Thread starter karthik
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 22,235
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a wire coming to your home just like the cable broadband or a usb modem such as plug 2 surf wireless that one carry any time with him ? Please tell me thanks..

It's wired.

same here...
We live in marathahalli, near bagecha restaurant..
A month ago, first I applied fr Airtel broadband (4 MBPS plan).. I got a refund cheque, reason cited ws no connectivity in my apartment..
Next, I applied fr Reliance Wimax (Rs. 2700 pm plan).. it also coulnt be successfull, dis time d reason ws vry vry low signal strength..

so we r in deep trouble.. we r in urgent need of broadband connection...

can any suggest me a broadband connection, with the following requirements:

1) since v 5 people will use togethr, so bandwidth must be greater than 1 MBPS atleast.
2) no cap, or fair usage policy, because we all r download freaks !!!

pls..help..

thnks
himanshu jain

Looks like there is desperate need for us in Bangalore (not that we didn't know that already).

I don't think any of the major ISPs are having 1mbit/s unlimited, but since you do live *quite* near to Whitefield (ok, 3-4km away, but still), you could try getting Railwire from your local cablewala. Railwire - Tariffs & Plans.

Your next best options would be BSNL and Tata, although both have got FUPs on their 1mbit/s plans.

thnks fr d info..so u mean 2 say in Railwire, there is no FUP or cap after which speed reduces or something?n can u also pass on the nos of any agents u knw by any chance, who can help us in geting this RailWire thingthnks again.,,,

thnks fr d info..

so u mean 2 say in Railwire, there is no FUP or cap after which speed reduces or something?

n can u also pass on the nos of any agents u knw by any chance, who can help us in geting this RailWire thing

thnks again.,,,

Railwire is a retail front for Railtel (South region), a government of India undertaking, so you never know, however, there is no mention of a fair usage policy on the website at all, or in the Terms & Conditions or anything.

As far as I know, the only downside to this particular ISP is it's very limited coverage area/availability. I would suggest giving them a call and checking availability for your address and the FUP - the phone numbers are available on the website, but try 80-6789-8899, 97-4396-9988 or 97-4396-8899.

If you can report back on if there is an FUP (either here or in the Railwire threads on this forum), I'm sure other users in your area would appreciate it.

i guess thats because the general perception is that tata companies work like government offices.

i have heard stories from people who have worked in TCS that it is pretty much like that. too much politics by senior guys to maintain their positions and authority...

my experience with tata dealers was pretty similar. especially at the dealership which was pretty old.

employees were not really interested in generating sales.

i went to both tata dealers in gurgaon while hunting for the fiat linea. one was dhingra motors which was old school. the other one was abs motors which was pretty much a new entity.

dhingra motor guys never called me back to ask about my decision. i got 3 calls from abs motors guys.
Since Airtel is not available in my place, I would like to know if this wireline service is any better. I want decent download speeds and the connection should be stable...Do let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.