• Replies Replies 19
  • Views Views 22,237
Status
Not open for further replies.

karthik

Telecom Analyst
ISP
Airtel
Source : The Hindu Online Edition, dated : Wednesday, May 20, 2009Tata Teleservices launches Photon Pro Tata Teleservices Limited on Tuesday launched “Photon Pro” wire line broadband service that offers internet speed up to 18mbps. As a launch offer, subscribers will get 100 p.c. discount on security deposit, installation and registration charges.Currently it is operational across Hyderabad, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Vizag, Vijaywada, Surat and Baroda:inodding:

yeap. another third grade service from the house of tata. they are behind the crappy service i get at fiat service stations.

And behind my TV and phone. Also behind my car insurance. And home insurance. Gosh. The freaks are everywhere.

----------

btw, these new plans are even freaky. 1 Mbps unlimited, with Fair Usage cap of 40 GB, at 2499 !

heh. i have a tata aig policy. and my fiat car is serviced at their service station. i use a tata indicom postpaid connection. my mom probably uses tata salt. so i guess my life is also pretty much dependent upon them in a lot of ways.

And that's one thing that perplexes me. As a conglomerate, one or more of their products are present in pretty much every household in India. Why then, inspite of being in the volumes segment, not doing well?

i guess thats because the general perception is that tata companies work like government offices. i have heard stories from people who have worked in TCS that it is pretty much like that. too much politics by senior guys to maintain their positions and authority... my experience with tata dealers was pretty similar. especially at the dealership which was pretty old. employees were not really interested in generating sales. i went to both tata dealers in gurgaon while hunting for the fiat linea. one was dhingra motors which was old school. the other one was abs motors which was pretty much a new entity. dhingra motor guys never called me back to ask about my decision. i got 3 calls from abs motors guys.

Is this any better than the Tata Wimax. Wimax might not be bad in itself but the low speeds and frequent disconnections have frustrated me :wall:.Since Airtel is not available in my place, I would like to know if this wireline service is any better. I want decent download speeds and the connection should be stable...Do let me know.

which part of bangalore r u? airtel is almost everywere in bangalore, second wired choice in bangalore should be BSNL I guess.. they are almost good..:cool2:

Airtel is not availiable in all areas in Bangalore, Like some areas in Marathalli.If you have some patience you can go for Reliance Broadnet (wired one), the speed is good, but the real problem comes when the line goes down.

I stay in BTM 2nd Stage...problem in my place is that there are too many connection requests and too little DPs in BTM 🙁

And behind my TV and phone. Also behind my car insurance. And home insurance. Gosh. The freaks are everywhere.

----------

btw, these new plans are even freaky. 1 Mbps unlimited, with Fair Usage cap of 40 GB, at 2499 !

Are you saying that they call it unlimited and still there is a cap of 40 GB?

Are you saying that they call it unlimited and still there is a cap of 40 GB?

😀

But I am using phton pro happly, my usage is more than that there is not CAP I have been paying the bills they are not charging me extra, by the service is very good.

Now they have reduced the tariff ex; 1mbps is available now with Rs.1499.

----------

I have taken this Phton pro connection 3 months back. I am happy with it
in terms of speeds, service and pricing. I recomend my friends in Hyderabad to go for Phton pro as it's pricing is much better when compared to AIRTEL.

Source : The Hindu Online Edition, dated : Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Tata Teleservices launches Photon Pro

Tata Teleservices Limited on Tuesday launched “Photon Pro” wire line broadband service that offers internet speed up to 18mbps. As a launch offer, subscribers will get 100 p.c. discount on security deposit, installation and registration charges.

Currently it is operational across Hyderabad, Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Vizag, Vijaywada, Surat and Baroda

:inodding:

Is this a wire coming to your home just like the cable broadband or a usb modem such as plug 2 surf wireless that one carry any time with him ? Please tell me thanks..

same here...We live in marathahalli, near bagecha restaurant..A month ago, first I applied fr Airtel broadband (4 MBPS plan).. I got a refund cheque, reason cited ws no connectivity in my apartment..Next, I applied fr Reliance Wimax (Rs. 2700 pm plan).. it also coulnt be successfull, dis time d reason ws vry vry low signal strength..so we r in deep trouble.. we r in urgent need of broadband connection...can any suggest me a broadband connection, with the following requirements:1) since v 5 people will use togethr, so bandwidth must be greater than 1 MBPS atleast.2) no cap, or fair usage policy, because we all r download freaks !!!pls..help..thnkshimanshu jain9342970914

Status
Not open for further replies.