Beam Telecom Broadband

• Thread starter Thread starter raahil69
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 83
  • Views Views 101,169

raahil69

ISP
beam telecom
Beam Telecom is another new player in the broadband market in india.

Bi-Fi is a solution designed around Fiber Optics. BiFi = Beam Internet on Fiber, which brings the power of Fiber into your home. Beam’s BiFi Fiber Grid is a fully managed 3000 Km Optical Ring designed to deliver High Speed and Reliable connectivity. BiFi creates a 100 Mbps pipeline into the building and has several levels of back up and fail safe redundancies.

Unlike various other broadband technologies like Cable Modem, ADSL, VDSL etc.; BiFi brings Fiber optic cable into each building. Fiber Optic Cable is capable of carrying virtually limitless bandwidth without any signal loss and is the ultimate medium for accessing the internet. BiFi Fiber connects you to the internet using laser generated pulses of light, and this technology has no equal. This is the most future ready technology available in the world for data, voice and video transmission.

site is probably hacked at this point of time..

Last edited:
Finally Market for retail FTTH - Fiber to the Home in INDIA is evolving.. thats a bit of great news.. as far as new ISP players in the retail FTTH, FTTB market somebody above quotes Beam telecom (a category B ISP licensee for AP region only), thats good but I would like to watch out for RAILWIRE from Railtel corporation of INDIA (a category A ISP licensee for all of INDIA), recently they have also made a modest begining by launching railwire 256KBPS up to 32MBPS ISP services options on copper / fiber in the last mile. RAILWIRE is currently available in some parts of Bangalore, with plans to go national. I am told they are tying up with LCO's - local cable TV operators for the last mile access subscriber acquisition on copper / fiber. I do have an information posted in this forum about on one of the local cable operators - ANAND CABLE NET, Anandnagar, Hebbal, Bangalore having a tie up with railtel offerring this service. Cheers.. great to note that in this new age economy the average common man consumer in INDIA is really driving the bandwidth market.. I really expect the big boys like Airtel, Reliance & BSNL to push this Retail FTTH market by wiring up all houses with fiber, who knows some day fiber plants will over take copper plants in a big way similar to what mobiles outnumbered wired landlines...!!Cheers again..:dance:

heh. i get another threat mail about this post. apparently the first post in this thread was a copy paste job. why is everyone bothering me 😗

Contact Details:

Beam Telecom REACH US VIA SMS
6-3-249/3/1, 2nd Floor
If you are a Beam Subscriber who needs technical support, SMS
“cb” to 99 59 100 100, and we will call you back

If you are interested in a new internet connection, SMS “internet”
to 99 59 100 100, and we will call you back

Khaleel Mansion, Opp. Reliance Classic,
Road # 1, Banjara Hills,
Hyderabad-500034
Tel: +91-40-6625-9273
E-Mail: sales@beamcablesystem.com
support@beamcablesystem.com

Last edited:
On the positive side Sushubh, you are famous dude 😀 It also shows the growing prominence of this forum on the whole.

i really do not want to be that famous dude who gets sued for everything he does. i am just providing a platform for awareness here. and i am getting threats for it. 😛leasehelp:

Hello Admin (Sushubh? I'm first time here)You might remember me right? I am SrirajIsn't that first post a copyright VIOLATION? Nice that it was removed accordingly, but you should have a control on your users posts.This is a great forum no doubt, but such copyrights can surely defame it within days..(You should have sent me an email regarding the change)

oh so i should have a system in place that checks every user's post for all the 'potential' copyright violations before they are posted on the forum? :iomg:

Finally Market for retail FTTH - Fiber to the Home in INDIA is evolving.. thats a bit of great news.. as far as new ISP players in the retail FTTH, FTTB market somebody above quotes Beam telecom (a category B ISP licensee for AP region only), thats good but I would like to watch out for RAILWIRE from Railtel corporation of INDIA (a category A ISP licensee for all of INDIA), recently they have also made a modest begining by launching railwire 256KBPS up to 32MBPS ISP services options on copper / fiber in the last mile. RAILWIRE is currently available in some parts of Bangalore, with plans to go national. I am told they are tying up with LCO's - local cable TV operators for the last mile access subscriber acquisition on copper / fiber.

I do have an information posted in this forum about on one of the local cable operators - ANAND CABLE NET, Anandnagar, Hebbal, Bangalore having a tie up with railtel offerring this service.

Cheers.. great to note that in this new age economy the average common man consumer in INDIA is really driving the bandwidth market.. I really expect the big boys like Airtel, Reliance & BSNL to push this Retail FTTH market by wiring up all houses with fiber, who knows some day fiber plants will over take copper plants in a big way similar to what mobiles outnumbered wired landlines...!!

Cheers again..:dance:

Not cheap unfortunately.

Beam Telecom

Airtel is still cheaper for 1 Mbps unlimited.

I can't get to beamtele.com from here, but this page works Beam Telecom

What I don't get is, they've gone and set up this fantastic 3000km fiber network, and they're offering paltry speeds of 128kbits to 4mbits! They could be offering 100, but they're not. And I can't figure out why.

Sure, yes, they are unlimited but I would imagine that if they quadrupled those speeds, they wouldn't see the actual usage go so high that they would be bankrupted. For sure, there might be some users who like to download 500GB in a month, but the average user probably won't. If they really wanted, they could say to people that blatant abuse of the network isn't tolerated and those that download more than 300GB on a regular basis may be considered as commercial users and should be charged accordingly - or something.

I don't necessary like the idea of limiting users, but in order to be economically viable, it's something ISPs have to do at the moment... until we all start screaming at VSNL, Reliance and Bharti to lower the prices even further...

According to my calculations, in order to *effectively* provide a true, unlimited service, the per GB cost should be below Rs 10. With VSNL, it *can* be as high as Rs34, though the more we buy, the cheaper it comes in. We've got our quotes down significantly below Rs34/GB (unfortunately I can't say the exact price because of the NDA), and we're still trying to reduce it further.

And that's not to mention NIXI's charges!

People have posted wrong /old site, this is their correct site..

Beam Telecom

http://www.beamcablesystem.in is their old site which still displays the old tariff, also their pricing are including Tax..

768kbps 1000.00
512kbps 850.00
1Mbps 1500.00
2Mbps 2500.00

All unlimited, I'm using 768kbps connection and its pretty good.. for torrents speed is good, ~90 KBps down /~85KBps UP ..

airtel users tend to stay with airtel because of service quality not low prices. airtel has rarely been popular for having the best priced packages.