Shud i Convert to POST-PAID? Some help needed.

cool.aquarian

Hi evryone...

Currently i own a hutch prepaid number with a balance of around Rs:250 and validity till end of november 2006.

I also need to give a new prepaid connection(preferably hutch) to my younger bro.

I am thinking of converting my prepaid number to postpaid under corporate plan which is as stated:

Rental Rs:199 pm,

Local
Calls in CUG: 10 paise/min
Calls hutch-to-hutch: 30 paise/min
Calls mob-to-mob: 75 paise/min
Calls mob-Landline: 1 Re.

STD:
Hutch-Hutch: 1 Re
Mob-Mob,Landline: 1.25 Re

SMS
SMS Local: 30 paise
SMS national: 1 Re

Roaming activation is free..

Quite a few of my office friends have taken up this plan and i also want to take up this to be in same CUG.

I actually wanted to transfer balance & validity on my current number to the new number im gonna give to my bro, but unfortunately only balance can be transferred(not validity).

I dont want to lose this validity i have till november and also want to retain this same number.

So can anyone here give me advice on what to do which will prove to be better and cheaper in the longer run...

Thanks...

cool plan. Is this corporate plan only for people working in corporates? or can regular guys (read: students) like us avail of it too?

Originally posted by max@Apr 13 2006, 02:26 AM
cool plan. Is this corporate plan only for people working in corporates? or can regular guys (read: students) like us avail of it too?
[snapback]48090[/snapback]
[/quote]

ya, it is only for corporates, but u haven't answered my question. Actually i dont make too many calls and dont want to lose the validity i have till november 2006.
Because till that time i can recharge on plans which give me 100% talktime. :huh:

^^^ he said its for corporate people. 🙁 🙁this plan really is cool.

my dad can take the sim on his name n i can use it🙂

Never take a post paid plan.. its sucks... I always prefer prepaid.

even i prefer prepaid plans anyday.but just look at the plan dude......it just makes me change my mind.........🙂

First, the plan is Corporate plan i.e only available to employees of that particular company.Second I think its in Delhi. In mumbai even the corporate plans are costlier. These operators literally suck our blood in mumbai with high tariff's compared to rest of the country...

yeah its really unfair yaar. just because there are many mobile users in mumbai and they can get good money out of it doesnt mean that they should keep high tariffs. :angry: 🙁

QUOTE(viralbug @ Apr 17 2006, 02:09 AM) [snapback]48579[/snapback]
yeah its really unfair yaar. just because there are many mobile users in mumbai and they can get good money out of it doesnt mean that they should keep high tariffs. :angry: 🙁
[/b]

what are u complaining about..? orange has every kind of scheme available from low level usage to guys like for whom loosing a cell becomes a loss of corporate identity ... do check out the schemes ..

check out the 299 @50 paise and 299 local ones ... it gives hutch to hutch cheap and long distance 1 buck

thats only one plan they've got a bit cheap, look at the other ones. plus the 299 plan is postpaid. just check out the prepaid plan and compare it with any other city. this isnt only with hutch, but its the same with most other operators, they have quite high tariffs compared to rest of india.

QUOTE(viralbug @ Jun 1 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]52894[/snapback]
thats only one plan they've got a bit cheap, look at the other ones. plus the 299 plan is postpaid. just check out the prepaid plan and compare it with any other city. this isnt only with hutch, but its the same with most other operators, they have quite high tariffs compared to rest of india.
[/b]

oh .. ok

QUOTE(viralbug @ Jun 1 2006, 05:10 PM) [snapback]52894[/snapback]
...this isnt only with hutch, but its the same with most other operators, they have quite high tariffs compared to rest of india.
[/b]
Wrong we have VERY high tarrifs as compared with rest of India. I mean 1.5 bucks per LOCAL SMS?! LOL!! People from rest of India will surely die if they migrate to Mumbai. Hehehe. My friend sends 150 messages in Rs.1.5 while I send only 1 message! This is injustice! Hes in Karnatak if you're wondering AND HES ON HUTCH! :angry: