which braodband service to choose

• Thread starter Thread starter sunny1800
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2,829

sunny1800

ISP
WIRELESS INTERNET
Hi I'm Sunny and I'm currently using the sify 256 kbps unlimted family pack.I want to switch to a different ISP but dont know which 1 to go for...either exatt net,tata indicom or hathway.My reason to change is because sify has the 150mb usage limit during the day time which really sucks.Can any1 suggest me the right isp to go for? MTNL tri-band the registration is 2 expensive it comes upto Rs 2500 just for installing the line....any other alternatives with good service and speed please let me know.

Thanks,
sunny 🙂

Airtel all the way dude, if you have it in ur area that is. The only downside is the contention ratio, but then again u get double bandwith at nite, so that makes up for it. If not then tata indicom is the way to go if you think the price is ok.

Originally posted by priyoban@Apr 9 2006, 02:27 AM
Airtel all the way dude, if you have it in ur area that is. The only downside is the contention ratio, but then again u get double bandwith at nite, so that makes up for it. If not then tata indicom is the way to go if you think the price is ok.
[snapback]47600[/snapback]
[/quote]
where did airtel come from....?I mean when did airtel start providing broadband internet conections? I live in bandra,mumbai so will have to figure out if i have the service in my area or no....otherwise I think i will go for tata indicomm.tata indicom there are no complaints of the service though are they?...I mean in terms of speed they are as good as sify? I was using spearhead before this and the connection was really pathetic.compared to spearheas at least sify is much much better

Where did airtel come from? I don't know their exact history but there are quite a few legends regarding this phenomenon. Just google it u'll find out. And what makes you think sify gave you good speeds? Well tata indicom is definitely good but they have a lot of delay's in installation but since you say there are no complaints in your area go for it. But 1600 + tax for 256 is wee bit high.

go for exatt if the 10 GB limit is fine for ui dont think airtel BB is available in mumbaiwhereas the plans of hathway & tata are costly 'coz they provide pure unltd. (no restrictions like 150 MB / day)also mtnl tri does not have unltd packages....... all u can opt for is 1 GB NU @ 256 kbps

Go for Hathway Night 8 to 8, 256 Kbps, Rs.440/- per month. If you are a heavy downloader, this will be it. I have been using it since 1 year. On an average, I download 25 to 30 GB by IRC, bittorrent etc. 26 to 28 KB/sec constant speed on good torrents. Go for it. If you want, I can show you my March 2006 usage table, so you can see it for yourself

Originally posted by gandalf12@Apr 10 2006, 02:08 PM
Go for Hathway Night 8 to 8, 256 Kbps, Rs.440/- per month. If you are a heavy downloader, this will be it. I have been using it since 1 year. On an average, I download 25 to 30 GB by IRC, bittorrent etc. 26 to 28 KB/sec constant speed on good torrents. Go for it. If you want, I can show you my March 2006 usage table, so you can see it for yourself
[snapback]47746[/snapback]
[/quote]
Wow that is a really good speed....and really huge amount of data that u are downloading...well the plan u mentioned night 8 to 8....256 kbps....will i be able to use it only during the night after 8 that means? If that is the case then this plan is not for me coz im looking for something that I can use the entire day.Yes I would not mind having a look at ur march 2006 usage table

Originally posted by sunny1800@Apr 14 2006, 04:13 PM
Wow that is a really good speed....and really huge amount of data that u are downloading...well the plan u mentioned night 8 to 8....256 kbps....will i be able to use it only during the night after 8 that means? If that is the case then this plan is not for me coz im looking for something that I can use the entire day.Yes I would not mind having a look at ur march 2006 usage table
[snapback]48233[/snapback]
[/quote]
Anyways hathway is not available in my area.....i.e. bandra(w) i dont know about tata indicom

Originally posted by sunny1800@Apr 14 2006, 04:34 PM
Anyways hathway is not available in my area.....i.e. bandra(w) i dont know about tata indicom
[snapback]48240[/snapback]
[/quote]
Are you getting the Sify connection from your Cable Operater? If yes then ask him which other services he provides (7 star, pacenet, tata, etc.). That's because I doubt if anyone would give you a direct connection without going through the Cable Operater; these guys make a lot of fuss. We had lots of death threats flying around during the old days (4 years back) when I had procured a direct connection from Sify. In the end Sify decided to give connections only through cable operators.

Or else you always have MTNL Triband. Cable TV guys can't do anything about them.

Siddhesh

Have mtnl only. They have now slashed the starting broadband installationcharges instalation and regis charges which is 500(250 waived off if u dont take that instrument from them). Security deposit Rs1000 collected in two installment and rest for broadband instalation everything is down to zeroo in current promo offer. Initially you will have some glitches dealing with there lineman but after that no problem as there is no downtime. Using it for last 15days not faced a single downtime of even a few seconds.And they are first one to drop the rates. 😛 So enjoy