Help on Torrnets

• Thread starter Thread starter kuldeep
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2,043

kuldeep

Regular
Hi Guyz I m starting this topic for those who are using torrents for a long time and have got a good experience to fool ISP's. some ppl really need ur help, i think they are just not raising their voices.anyways i've been using sify+Torrents for the last 2 years never had any pblm but now for the last 2 months pblm , pblm and pblm. i've downloaded almost 200-300 GB in the past. but last month not even 3.66 GB. only 30% is completed in 2 months. :angry: i've tried using some P2P as well but in vain.if some one can tell us the settings or their bit torrent clients settings that would be great. like i use bitcomet. so i can post or infact upload picture or my settings of bitcomet.and if u all can do the same will be very helpful.my humble request for those who think they are genius in using torrents.please give some sugegstions here.so that we can get rid of the restrictions of sify ppl.Thanks in Advance

why this sify forum is turning out to be torrent forum :blink: where is the mod lock such topicsRead torrent FAQ's

Downloaded BitComet 0.63 and go to Options>>Connection. Select Protocol Header Encrypt and choose Always from the drop down menu. This feature was added specifically to bypass filters put up by cheap ass isp's like Sify. If this solves ur problem...great. Otherwise try using µtorrent and enable the same option in that too.

Heres what you have to do, take out the sify lan cable gently from your cpu. Go to your terrace, and pull that cable from the sify hub as hard as you can. Now go to the hardware market and sell that cable that you just pulled out. Get your 500 bucks and get airtel broadband with that money. Bid farewell to all your torrent problems.

well im using the 150mb pack and ive also been using torrents for over a year, but i dont know whether my settings will help u out since u have a different pack. im using utorrent for quite a while and never had any problem dloading. get about 800mb to 1gb every night. im using a port between 9000 and 10000, protocol encryption is disabled, allow incoming legacy connections is checked. i dont have any idea wht it all means but i get 30-32 kbps speed everyday consistently. if u need more detailed info, hit me up on yahoo "jabronni16" cheersforgot to add, my upload speed is set on 24kbps. and im happy with sify where the dload speed is concerned, except when theyre switches r screwed lol.

Originally posted by kuldeep@Apr 8 2006, 11:56 PM
Hi Guyz
    I m starting this topic for those who are using torrents for a long time and have got a good experience to fool ISP's.
some ppl really need ur help, i think they are just not raising their voices.

anyways i've been using sify+Torrents for the last 2 years never had any pblm but now for the last 2 months pblm , pblm and pblm. i've downloaded almost 200-300 GB in the past. but last month not even 3.66 GB. only 30% is completed in 2 months. :angry:

i've tried using some P2P as well but in vain.

if some one can tell us the settings or their bit torrent clients settings that would be great.

like i use bitcomet. so i can post or infact upload picture or my settings of bitcomet.
and if u all can do the same will be very helpful.

my  humble request for those who think they are genius in using torrents.
please give some sugegstions here.

so that we can get rid of the restrictions of sify ppl.

Thanks in Advance
[snapback]47586[/snapback]
[/quote]

This is exactly what is happening to me. I have been on sify since dec 2004 (16 mnths), have downloaded 200 GB using torrents. But for the last 1 month been screwd pritty badly. Speed just fluctautes badly and can't even get 3-4 kb/s average. And constant "request timed out".
O get 32 kb straight on http download though.

Have forwarded all the ports used by the torrent clients have gr8 seed ratio.