FOR TORRENT USERS: Traffic Shaping: How To Counter

• Thread starter Thread starter Mahesh1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 5,079
r u joking ?? sify and traffic shaping .. i bet they dont even know how to do it . Besides my torrents works just fine without any less speed then normal http downloads . You maybe geting less speed because default ports 6881-6889 are all block (incoming) but some higher ports are still open and u can use them to get proper speeds . And if u enable protocol encryption u will certainly get some less amount of peers to connect bcoz most people do not enable it unless there isp really messes their downlaods but i am not sure about it . All i know is sify isnt doing any traffic shaping .

if ur using xp then open up the blocked ports(if firewall enabled)use ports like 80 or 1123,1134 u'll get good sppeds

Originally posted by firoz16@Apr 8 2006, 02:29 PM
if ur using xp then open up the blocked ports(if firewall enabled)
use ports like 80 or 1123,1134 u'll get good sppeds
[snapback]47504[/snapback]
[/quote]

any other ports u can suggest for BITCOMET

how about 65530-65535 .. 2 ports are open in this range 😉 check at grc.com

Hi Guyz. i use botcomet and still getting slow speed with night unlimited as well. still the same speed. yar can anyone tell me what to do. i m downloading windows vista X64 and for the past 1 month i m downloading that. and its still 31% only. any other client suggestion. only those which supports downlaod resume. but i'll really appreciate if u can tell me some solution for bitcomet.thanks in advance

Use µtorrent. It has got resume facility also. Slow speeds may be because of two reasons, less number of peers or bad ratio. Try to download torrents with good number of peers. Increase your ratio.

sify & torrent shaping :lol: but now they will definately implement coz of ur post :angry:

yar i m download windows vista X64 which has got minimum 15 seeds per tracker and i m using 4-5 tracker for same fo minimum tracker at 1 time is 20 u can say. and health all the time is above 3000% and still speed not more than 10-12 kbps with night unlimited pack. i think i should call sify crap services once and ask them what they have done.kyonki yar aise to nahin chalega.watt lag jayegi apni to kucch karna padega.

Originally posted by kuldeep@Apr 8 2006, 11:33 PM
yar i m download windows vista X64 which has got minimum 15 seeds per tracker and i m using 4-5 tracker for same fo minimum tracker at 1 time is 20 u can say. and health all the time is above 3000% and still speed not more than 10-12 kbps with night unlimited pack. i think i should call sify crap services once and ask them what they have done.

kyonki yar aise to nahin chalega.
watt lag jayegi apni to kucch karna padega.
[snapback]47584[/snapback]
[/quote]

I've downloaded xp sp2(550MB) using utorrent using 64kbps connection in 2 nights in hyd. May be u have wrong torrent or client or they are using traffic shaping in ur city. Try alternate client/torrent/port( i use random port). do u use any firewall or did u enable windows firewall?