Fivenet's Mumbai HUB

• Thread starter Thread starter Chinmay
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 59
  • Views Views 94,957
see the 3rd post on this page.

Is popeye the official hub of FiveNet? My areas fivenet operator told me just to install DC++ and it works out of the box WITHOUT any settings or usernames/password. I just need to share 100GBs. Is it so? Or do I need to follow that popeye's guide since it is the official one?

Popeye is not FiveNet's official hub or anything, It's privately owned from what it seems and has no affiliation with FiveNet besides being exclusive (generally) for their users. FiveNet cabling is being done at my place as we speak, I'll try to figure out stuff soon myself.

Popeye is not FiveNet's official hub or anything, It's privately owned from what it seems and has no affiliation with FiveNet besides being exclusive (generally) for their users. FiveNet cabling is being done at my place as we speak, I'll try to figure out stuff soon myself.

Kindly share whatever you figure out with us as it will definitely benefit us, especially the hub part.

Thanks.

Ok, I'm connected to the hub and lol, 700 mb download is feeling like copy paste from pen drive 😛

^ pen drive is slower bro !!! lolz. why u downloading 700mb crap ?? lol start getting 720p or 1080p ... 🙂 live life king size once u r on the hub !!!@ shah jahanu need to configure dc++ as per the guide. it will nt work automatically.

Yeah, if the hub is fast I'd be going for FullHD!Should I configure it as per the popeye guide or does the fivenet operator here (Chit-Chat) has some different settings?Thanks for your help!

no re same as guide 😀

I'm using ApexDC++ and am sharing 323 GB of data and followed every step from the Popeye's guide. BUT whenever I try to connect, it says,
"[14:03:09] Sorry ShahJahan your IP Address: [ 27.106.xx.xx ] is not allowed in this hub.
[14:03:09] You are being kicked because: IP: [ 27.106.xx.xx ] is out of range
[14:03:09] *** Connection closed"

Can someone kindly help me out here? Thank you very much.

The error has nothing to do with upload slots. Are you sure your cablewala is routing you through Fivenet? Because I don't see any IP assignments for Fivenet within the 27.106.xx.xx range.

Are you sure you're subscribed to hub service from cablewalah? From what I know, most cablewalahs charge seperately for hub Access nowadays and that error only comes when you're a non-fivenet user or not subscribed to hub service.My cablewalah specifically said its 625rs p/m but If I want hub access it's 700 p/m. I guess they can restrict hub access somehow.Try contacting your LCO.

Despite my mentioning that I want the hub they gave me a without hub line. Although they then corrected it and now I can connect to the hub. Thanks for your help people.Loving the speeds on the hub! Total paisa wasool!

Hello. I am a five net user, having 1MB Unlimited plan from ISP 1n1 Broadband internet thane west. They keep on telling me that there is no such thing as a DC hub and they dont provide such services. Can anyone help out ? Or tell me who to contact. Cuz I tried connecting to Popeye hub and its asking for a password that I dont know.