Troubleshoot MTNL Triband

• Thread starter Thread starter mtnltriband
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 44
  • Views Views 10,767
this same prob happens to me when im in ghi mean after 20 min i hav a wan ip but web page doesnot open

this time i am still in GH on USB...So far so good. 🙂 Lets see how it goes

Experts of this forum pls pls read this and give ur expert view.Case Study:> Took a new landline connection.>Line OK Phone OK.>ADSL installed and activated.>Right on the first day noise disturbance in the phone.However, when the phone is connected directly to the line,no disturbances, but when connected to splitter disturbances start.>Changed splitter also router problem as it is.>changed wiring but the problem is as it is.>MTNL engineers say everything ok with the adsl line.They have checked .They are unable to figure out the problem>Linemen says that since the instrument is working fine when connected directly to the line so no fault of instrument since problems start when connected to splitter.>Installtion is such that the main line goes to splitter and from there to router and phone.No parrallel connections.My PC splitter router and phone kept all at one place.Is it ok??>Now you tell me whats the solution.Should I change the instrument.B4 that is it possible that a instrumnet works b4 splitter when connected directly to the line but give problems when connected to splitter.>When I speak there is echo is the telephone.But when the same instrument is connetced directly to the line no echo,experts give ur expert view

as you have no problems connecting the telephone directly to the line, i suggest try to connect the router directly to the line, it could work. try this, if you have no problems connecting directly, then there has to be a problem in the splitter. 🙂

also did you change the router and splitter at the same time and checked?

this may sound stupid but have you checked the way which you connected the lines in the splitter? the line and dsl connectors are at one end and the phone connector at the other end.

Hi All,
I have a MTNL Triband connection in mumbai , MTNL installed UT-300R2U Starcom ADSL Router, connected via LAN.
I changed the "Service Password" from http://register.mtnl.net.in/ and rebooted my router to test the change. Then I logged-in to the router interface http://192.168.1.1 and as per the manual for this router managed to change the password and rebooted the router as well. The problem since

then is that even the router interface http://192.168.1.1 is not accessible now.
I cannot understand whats wrong with changing the password.
Can anybody help me here, is this a known problem with routers from this company "starcom" ???

thanks in advance,

Man Come on have a look at your back of router u will find small button...You just need to press it for 20 seconds ..i use a needle for that as a weapon....Trust me about 20 times in month i do that since i frequently change my router pass and forget it too lol.... 😛Secondly Then change to bridge mode and then type your service pass over there...In a dial up fashion and it should work... B)

Originally posted by cyberwiz@Apr 4 2006, 01:14 PM
Open the Lan card setting by double clicking on the lan icon in the tray.

Click on Properties >> General >> Highlight Internet Protocol and go into its Properties.
Thereafter click on "use following dns server address" and enter the following information :

Preffered DNS Server : 4.2.2.1
Alternate DNS Server : 192.168.1.1

Click ok and then ok again to save the settings.

SHould solve ur problem..these intructions are for win XP
[snapback]47054[/snapback]
[/quote]

Cyberwiz this 4.2.2.1 is working very nice.I thank you for this.

btw, cyberwiz if I use only 192.168.1.1 as a DNS it doesnt works why so??

I have a cablenet connection where the DNS is the default gateway.i tried same thing with MTNL.My default gateway is 192.168.1.1 and I entered same as the prefered dns server but it did not work.U also menthioned above 192.168.1.1 as dns.

so why 192.168.1.1 is not working????

192.168.1.1 doesnt work coz that is the address of the router and the router is by default using MTNL dns servers which do not work in your case.4.2.2.1 is one of the most reliable DNS servers i have ever found, DNS-RU bears a testimony to this fact..

Thanks cyberwiz....yes the 4.2.2.1 is still now working best for me even🙂 I hope u are a phd in networking.I will remember u and techno for solving my probelem.

Originally posted by mtnltriband@Apr 11 2006, 02:06 PM
Thanks cyberwiz....

Ur welcome 🙂

Originally posted by mtnltriband@Apr 12 2006, 09:54 AM
Cyberwiz now able to use 192.168.1.1 as DNS and its working superfine.

modified router settings
[snapback]47961[/snapback]
[/quote]

I tried usin that but theoretically it shud not work.

It stopped displayin pages once i restarted my PC and router