Thinking of Airtel

i told u that its very gud,i hv 128 kbps unlimited and i get 14kbps and after 11pm i get 24kbps as the dl speed,bout the connexion reliabilty....i never faced any downtime...overall the customercare is really responsive ...waise u dont need to call customer care as there wont b any prob.

man.....it runs on 12v supply[/b]

dude sometime notice the electric meter running with the PC on...u'll know 😛

My PC consumes somethin like 350W w/ the monitor on. Thinking of shifting all the downloading to the laptop which btw consumes just 65W but am worried abt the hard disk crashing coz of the continuous usage 😛 And mayank, voltage has nothin to do with the power consumption of the equipment. Power = Voltage X Current 🙂@Bad till bones, if u can keep ur pc running 24X7 then go for airtel. Faced no downtime at all till now. Detailed post is on page 1 of this thread 😛

Originally posted by waterloo_sunset@Apr 5 2006, 02:44 AM
Thinking of shifting all the downloading to the laptop which btw consumes just 65W but am worried abt the hard disk crashing coz of the continuous usage 😛

Laptop running 24x7x3yrs now...

58k(!!) in bad sectors.

...if u check from time to time with scan disk, you can see if a problem arises...can always replace a 2.5inch HD if it has probs.

Originally posted by mayank717@Apr 4 2006, 08:51 PM
dont forget tht mtnl is sarkaari,there is no guarantee on anything.
[snapback]47121[/snapback]
[/quote]

And this is the ebst thing about mtnl!!! Bcoz its sarkari it has some flaws which benefit us. Private isp's like airtel hv made their system almost fool-proof.

@bad_till_bones

I'm one of the most satisfied and dissatisfied(bcoz of GH 😛 😛 ) customers of of mtnl, but still i wud say that if u're willing to spend a few extra bux, then u should go for airtel 🙂 🙂 coz its better than mtnl in terms of speed, and if u take the 128 unlimited plan (which is not available in mtnl) tha whole problem of GH is solved.

Originally posted by blr_p@Apr 5 2006, 04:16 AM
Laptop running 24x7x3yrs now...

58k(!!) in bad sectors.

...if u check from time to time with scan disk, you can see if a problem arises...can always replace a 2.5inch HD if it has probs.
[snapback]47170[/snapback]
[/quote]
i dont think one would like wasting money in buying new hard disks all the time........

Don't think u got my point i have a total of 58k bad sectors on a drive of 12GB. That's really minuscule compared to the size. I expect this drive to go on for at least a yr or 2 still. After that it will be time to upgrade or replace a HD.Replacing a HD every 5 yrs...is not too bad, considering it's been on for most of that time.

Guys hve finally made up my mind !!!Shifting to Airtel 699 - 128kbps and unlimited download.Just wanted to know whts the easiest way to cancel MTNL DSL......only DSL not the phone line..... :huh:

Go to ur local exchange and hand in an application. Someone will come within 10-15 days to take back the router. Then they'll disable ur account within 3-4 days. Atleast that's what happened in my case.

@ bad till bonesenjoi ur new airtel connection when u hav it...Hopefully MTNL takes out unlimited plans 🙂