Reliance 3G ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulrocks123

ISP
BSNL Broadband
hello , i have seen many ads on TV sAYING Reliance is first 3g Ready Network For GSM !but i am livin in karnataka and i am not gettin' any 3G network Up Here it's the same 2g !anyone could say when reliance is going to launch 3g services in karnataka

dont know.. as of now BSNL is all set to launch there 3G here in Karnataka

the ad also says india's only 3G ready network which i believe is totally inaccurate.

But then what has Reliance known to be accurate. The ad has had its impact though, with many actually believing what they show.

oh well people only go for reliance if they need cheap services.

Hello All.... By "3G network ready" what reliance wants to say is that there network hardware is ready for supporting 3G from day one of Reliance GSM rollout as and when 3G spectrum is opened by Government Of India. In reality current network is live on 2G (Plain GSM) or 2.5G (GPRS over GSM). Reliance like many other aspirant major telecom operator is awaiting the INDIAN government's 3G auction & for subsequent 3G spectrum allocation which will clear way for 3G services. Other traditional old timers GSM operators need to go through a sea- change in upgrading their hardwares costing millions of dollars & rollout delays, if they intend to offer 3G services.Currently GOI has cleared only state operated TELCOS - MTNL / BSNL for providing 3G services...3G is a killer platform for realtime Video calls, Online gaming, Hi speed wireless internet access, realtime TV streaming, hi speed - Voice, video, data xfers etc.BSNl / MTNL though given earlier mover advantage has failed to cheer the markets with their 3G offerings, let us wait n watch if the private Telcos excite the markets or not.. only time will tell..:wewin:

Airtel and Vodafone will screw the hell out of BSNL when they eventually get to roll out their 3G networks. Particularly Vodafone with its immense knowledge and experience in this technology, should be able to come up with great stuff.

vodafone has been a major FAIL in india ever since they arrived. the launch of the iPhone was a fail. the launch of 3g services would be a fail. i am sick of hearing stories about how vodafone customers would get sms with special offers which they would avail. but in the end they would be charged for the promised discounts.

exactly, its hard for vodafone to match mittal...prices have only come up after vodafone's takeover

Status
Not open for further replies.