• Thread starter Thread starter Munnabhai
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 4,141

Munnabhai

Regular
ISP
Hathway 5 Mbps Zip Lite
Pardon my ignorance...Does any DTH set-top box comes with HDMI digital output? If no, any reasons? Ideally it should as DTH players advertise it as 'digital'. (My Tata Sky box doesn't come with one)Thanks!

Sun Direct HD does come with a HDMI output. Also, the others just have digital 'quality' signal, which is anyway another BS. The picture looks good on small TVs, and definitely better than cable, but connect it to a large screen and the poor quality is exposed.

HDMI is just 1 of the medium to transfer Video signals from STB to TV. We can also get Digital video using DVI.But HDMI avoids copying of HD content on external devices, hence many content providers recommend DTH operators to have HDMI output.But HDMI are costly and it would increase cost of STBs, so till now Indian DTH operator may have not gone for HDMI STBs (except SUN DIRECT).

thx ajab and SVK for the insights!are there any DTH STBs that give a DVI output?The reason I am asking is that I am abt to replace my 17" CRT monitor with an LCD monitor. And going for monitors that take analog video (composite) are expensive. If I can manage to squeeze in the STB output, then I'll go for a 24" monitor, else a 19" or a 20" monitor would be ideal for my computer duties.

I used so far DISH TV & Tata Sky, and I know those don't have DVI output, but I don't think as of now any DTH operator provides DVI output.

^ One question SVK. Since you say you have used both Tata Sky and Dish TV, can you tell which one has better picture quality, assuming both are watched on larger screens - 29" and above?

^ One question SVK. Since you say you have used both Tata Sky and Dish TV, can you tell which one has better picture quality, assuming both are watched on larger screens - 29" and above?
Ofcourse TATASKY had better video quality compared to DISH TV when watched on 29" TV.