• Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 6,162

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
iMac does not come with one, many PC manufacturers have stopped shipping one. It is no longer the cheapest medium to transfer data but still it exist...A floppy cost 15 bucks a blank CD cost 9 bucks. 😱 So, when was the last time you used your floppy drive!

A floppy cost 15 bucks a blank CD cost 9 bucks. 😱 on top of that floppy is non reliable god knows only would it work second time or not.Data of one CD = more then 500 floppy then why should one use floppy.CD writer are pretty cheep now a days.Floppy exist only for the systems where either we dont have CD writers or need to boot the system thats it. What i knowIn my system i have floppy drive but i have pulled out the cable from inside i dont want to use floppy in any case as well dont want anybody to use that on my system.Most of the people who bring floppies, bring the viruses along with them (99% true in my case)Thats my view. B)

U need a CD Drive come Delhi.We both will go to Nehru place and u can get that ..no probs at all.

CDs and Tr*nsv*st*t*s... are nothing but cheap ugly b*tchesFloppies are nice sexy square flat things that fit in ur pocket and in ur palm.I love floppies coz then u can run minix/dos/someOS in ur old pc without harddisks n ugly CD Roms too n then u feel super 1337 n sh*t.. but i liked those really old big floppies almost as big as a normal CD Jewel case. that turned me on like anything... man... i have multiple *rg*sms even thinkin abt it 🙁

DJ Lucipher i think u are obsessed with the antique things.i am wondring wt u are doing here, posting i am damn sure u would love to print and then distribute your openions instead of writing here in forums.becuase as far as i know thats the way which people in back ages used to share the views. 🙄

Originally posted by Guest@Sep 11 2004, 02:52 AM
DJ Lucipher i think u are obsessed with the antique things.

i am wondring wt u are doing here,

posting i am damn sure u would love to print and then distribute your openions instead of writing here in forums.

becuase as far as i know thats the way which people in back ages used to share the views.

🙄
[snapback]162[/snapback]
[/quote]

Speaking of antiques man ur --snipped-- was sure damn fine women and Man u are wrong abt printing sh*t ... we had internet sh*t back then too U may still find few refrences n buncha ascii pics of me n ur --snipped--....

those were the fine days...

CDs have got the upper hand today. And 'tis been 2 years since I last actually used a floppy at all (touch-wood, let me not have to need it today, :lol🙂.

Some things, such as updating firmware etc need floppy drives.Always handy to have a box of floppies and a drive that works.

it's not fair to compare cd's and floppies.. floppies are actually quite useful when you have to transfer a small file from a place where there is no cd writer.. also it's always useful to have a startup disc just in case windows crashes or something.. or when you need to access a full msdos prompt... or like the other dude said to update firmware and stuff

thats the whole point. CDs are now cheaper than floppies. Cd writers are pretty cheap as well (though not as cheap as a floppy drive 😛 )... then why do we still consider floppies for small files! they are unreliable, slow and pathetic. 😛think it will remain like this till the time cdrw's become cheap and more accessible. i hate to lose a blank cd just because the CDWriter found a glitch in a file or something... 🙁

I don't like floppies. Haven't used them for a while(~3 years.) usb key and cd writer.

I use my floppy drive pretty often, as I dont have a CD writer. Not really for data transfer or backup (that the internet handles better than a floppy) but to boot into operating systems, install linux etc. My pc was bought in 1998 and has not been upgraded much ... at that time computers with CDROM drives were just becoming popular.

u can use a cd for booting as well.. anyway, there is something cool about using a floppy,i actually feel pretty cool using dos.. 😛 i like minidiscs too 😛