Beetel 220bx adsl+2 modem

• Thread starter Thread starter Tekky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 4,630

Tekky

Regular
hello allI switched to airtel home 999+ plan just 2 dayz back!! {connected wit lan card}i used the simple post forwarding method posted on this forum!!i just wanted to ask the if i use bit tornado..it has port range from abcd to xyz....i changed it to 50000 to 50999.n using bitcomet with port 50999..so plz tellme wat changes to make in the dsl settings...ORu can tell me script for it...thank u ppl..

@Tekky i am assuming that u want to ask how to configure bit tornado ports. Bit tornado requires multiple ports open for incoming connections whereas bitcomet only requires 1 port. The number of ports open in bit tornado & router will determine the number of peers u will be able to connect to(incoming connections). I will suggest u stop using bit tornado and instead use Bitcomet/utorrent/azureus since they only requires 1 port to be open.If u still want to use bit tornado then here is how to go about it. Say u want 5 ports to be open in ur router/modem then enter any port say 50000 in the 'External port Start' in the virtual server settings. Enter 50004 in the 'External Port End' field. In the protocol use 'TCP/UDP',click save and apply to finish.

Ok...thnxx...got it..want 2 ask 2 more things...1)which is the best torrent client ?2)shud i connect my modem thru lan or usb ?thankks again...

1. a)For private torrents > μtorrent or alternately BitComet 0.60 (best thing ever to have happened to p2p) 😛 b)For public torrents > BitComet 0.63 2. Preferably through ethernetBTW: To be sure that you have forwarded the ports correctly, look for remote connections in the peers list in BitTornado. If there are some then ur ok but if all of them are local connections then u might wanna re-check ur config. Plz ignore if u've already done this. 😛

Originally posted by waterloo_sunset@Apr 2 2006, 08:54 PM
To be sure that you have forwarded the ports correctly, look for remote connections in the peers list in BitTornado.. 😛
[snapback]46848[/snapback]
[/quote]

firsstly, thank ya all for replyzz....
plz tellme how to check this thing...
and by forwarding da port m gettin slow speedss whereas m suppose to get higher speeds ?? wats cud be da prob?
and wat is thru ethernet = usb or wat

ThnX

Click on Advanced in the Main Window. In the Advanced window, look in the column next to Ip one. There 'L' stands for local and 'R' stands for remote connections. If u cannot see any peers marked as 'R' on a torrent with a lot of seeds/leechers then u haven't forwarded the ports properly coz the client isn't seeing any incoming connections. Also u should see a green light on the main window. If the status light is always yellow irrespective of which torrent ur downloading then re-check ur port forward settings.BTW, Ethernet=Lan.