Speed Problem

mtnltriband

[OP]
Regulars
Mar 24, 2006
Friends,When I check my speed on mtnl site, the bandwidth comes around at 234kbps.But at the same time when i go for other online test the speed is hardly 100 kbps,When I downlaod some files from net the speed is 10kbps only.Is everything ok with my speed? freinds pls help.When I told this to MTNL they say that my speed is ok since the mtnl site shows bandwidth of 234, but then while downloading I get a speed of only 10kbps,what should I do pls help....HELP HELP HELP

chicmagnet

Regulars
Regulars
Jul 29, 2005
where do you stay?sometimes during th day time the servers are pretty busy and so you get low download speeds..post your SNR margin and line attenuation here.. so others can help you out :)go to your router homepage -s tatus - adsl.. and post the stuff here :)

viralbug

tR0ll bUg
Regulars
Jan 6, 2006
it also depends on which site you are downloading from.

cyanide

lol
Regulars
Apr 1, 2006
Home
i had the same problem. and the mtnl idiots cant figure out anything. so i switched to pacenet yesterday :D

viralbug

tR0ll bUg
Regulars
Jan 6, 2006
yeah me too had a problem downloading yesterday during the day time. :(was getting a crap speed of 13k :angry:

cyanide

lol
Regulars
Apr 1, 2006
Home
ive been having that same shitty speed since i bought triband at my new house...and its been about 3-4 months...calling up mtnl doesnt help since they'd rather give up customers than help them...

mystery_inc18

Regulars
Regulars
Feb 6, 2006
it happens sometime, u should observe over a few more days and over a few more sources of dwld. Also as chickmagnet sed, post ur snr margin and line attenuation here. And if the problem still persists then u may as well cud get rid of the mntl conn. :p :p

viralbug

tR0ll bUg
Regulars
Jan 6, 2006
few more days??? dude hes getting thosi shitty speeds since 4 months.maybe you have a problem in your line.

mystery_inc18

Regulars
Regulars
Feb 6, 2006
4 months ???whoah and u're still on mtnl ??? Man hv u got some patience.Waise sabr ka phal hamesha meetha nahin hota :p :p :p

viralbug

tR0ll bUg
Regulars
Jan 6, 2006
^^^ meetha bhi ho sakta hai. its a special indian quality- "patience"dude, please post your SNR margin and line attenuation, so we may try to help you out. :)