• Thread starter Thread starter prathapml
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1,982

prathapml

Agent Smith
ISP
Load balanced, 100Mbit fake poop
Since 5 days, its been a struggle for me to get online at all.From WebDistributor II modem, The uplink indicator (to airtel DSL's server) rarely came on, & kept dis-connecting.This is either a problem with airtel's connection (cables till my house) or server. Or the modem they provided has conked off again. :blink:This last happened 6 months ago. I've had it replaced 3 times till now, and each time, the service guy said the modem's probably spoilt due to high voltage. I'm not inclined to believe him, as I power it from the same UPS that's running my PC since 3 years and (touchwood) nothing's happened to it yet!Anyways, just wanted to share this frustration, before I get dragged offline (yet again) for the Nth time today. :angry:

My Modem is connected to the UPS as well..not a single problem with it so far. Speed is still 25KB/s regardless of time of day.Have not changed the firmware either, don't see any reason to do so.Version: Ethernet gateway: TERA1000S H210_ (ISOS 8.2) / He100/2xx CSP v2.3 (ISOS 8.2) [8.2.0.8]If the link light is not stable, that tells me they you have a problem with the cable assuming modem is fine. They should be able to test the modem b4 giving it to you anyways.Ask them to do a "soulim"(sp?) test on the line.

I faced the same problem:
https://broadband.forum/Modem_phases_out_on_me_-t4441.html

It's gone now. The adaptor went kaput after a few days and I asked for a service man. One fella came within one hour of the complaint. I asked him to replace my modem because the modem won't remeber the settings after switching it off. He only had a 220bx so he gave me that. The poor fella left my old web distributor 2 with me and I never told him.