Cable TV is better than any DTH

• Thread starter Thread starter Prudent
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 25
  • Views Views 6,394
all the best mate... hope u get a good experience in tv viewing from now on.. How much did u spend for this connection ?

If you choose more than 50 PAy channels under CAS it also an expensive product my friend........50 Pay channels X Rs. 6 = Rs. 300Monthly Rental = Rs. 100 Total = Rs. 400

Do you watch 50 pay channels?

Atleast i require 40 Pay channels.......Sun Channels Boquet, Vijay TV, Raj TV7 Sports Channels8 English News Channels7-8 English Movie Channels4-5 Hindi Movie Channels2-3 hindi GEC ChannelsAll the infotainment ChannelsCalculate yourself........

Cable will be phased out. I think more areas will implement CAS. Thats the way to the future. and CAS with lot of channels does work out more expensive.

It's been more than 6 months here and our cable guy still charges Rs. 50/- for cable. It includes all the pay channels. Around 120-130 channels i assume. Most people who bought DTH equipment during one time have let it rot on the roofs and switched to cable.

Atleast i require 40 Pay channels.......

Sun Channels Boquet, Vijay TV, Raj TV
7 Sports Channels
8 English News Channels
7-8 English Movie Channels
4-5 Hindi Movie Channels
2-3 hindi GEC Channels
All the infotainment Channels

Calculate yourself........

Dont just give random figures. Calculate honestly. And 10*5 = 50 Rs decreased their itself.

7 sports channels :O
8 news channels??!?!! :O:O:O

If you really calculate honestly then u will realise that figure can be brought down to 275 or so (including taxes)

Right now u r watching so many channels just because they are there... not because u need them.(again say honestly not just to prove ur figure right)

To be more specific.......

I watch the following channels or atleast i need the following channels in my TV set at any cost......

1. Sun TV
2. Sun Music
3. Sun News
4. Vijay TV
5. Raj TV
6. K TV
7. Star Sports
8. ESPN
9. Star Cricket
10. Ten Sports
11. Zee sports (If they provide me i will susbcribe it)
12. Neo Sports
13. Neo Cricket
14. Star movies
15. HBO
16. Zee Studio
17. Sony Pix
18. World Movies
19. NDTV Lumiere
20. WB
21. Axn
22. NDTV
23. NDTV Profit
24. Times Now
25. Headlines Today
26. BBC
27. CNN IBN
28. UTV i Business News
29. Star Gold
30. Max
31. UTV Movies
32. UTV Bindass
33. Zee Cinema
34. Sony
35. Star Plus
36. Zee TV
37. Colors
38. Animal Planet
39. Discovery
40. NGC
41. Travel & Living........

The above mention channels i prefer to watch.....but there might 2-4 channels which may not be there in the Tata Sky DTH platform......but if its provided i will subscribe to it........

Just like that i am not randomly put down the channels here my friend.......

You can argue with me whether i daily watch these channels.......i would say i wont watch these channels daily but on a regular time i prefer to see some shows in the above mentioned channels.........

Lastly FYI - In chennai under CAS the cablewala charge us Rs. 100 min for line rental and per pay channel he charges Rs. 6 inlcusive of Tax.........

----------

Cable will be phased out. I think more areas will implement CAS. Thats the way to the future. and CAS with lot of channels does work out more expensive.

First let all the state capital implement CAS or Digital Set Top Box........I dont see in rural areas people will afort to pay more than Rs. 75 or 100 for cable to get all the channels.........

^^^That are still too many channels for any individual (For whole family its ok).Besides we watch because we get all this channels (as Amish said). Consider situation that all above channel were available for Rs 10~20, then we would definately have to limit our TV viewing.I watch just some shows on STAR ONE, SAB, MAX, STAR GOLD, NDTV 24x7, AAJ TAK, Discovery, NGC [and Free Music channels B4U & 9XM) and Cricket, all mostly 1~2 hours a day or 2~3 hours in weekend. I feel that is sufficient for me.

whether its cable or CAS both cannot compete with reliability of DTH..i have an underground cable n/w in my area still have bear with huge number of cable cut issues not to mention the crappy signal boosters that decide on their own when to work and when not to work

that actually depends on ur cable operator. technology wise wired tech wud always be more reliable than wireless. only thing u need it quality wires and boosters and not cheap ones.

----------

That are still too many channels for any individual (For whole family its ok).
Besides we watch because we get all this channels (as Amish said).

exactly, one shud not count 5min of viewing as a countable channel. we shud count only channels which are really necessary to certain level.

i dont think more than 3 news channels or 3-4 sports channels are required at a given time. all news channels are now fast enough and show same content

that actually depends on ur cable operator. technology wise wired tech wud always be more reliable than wireless. only thing u need it quality wires and boosters and not cheap ones.

yeah but technology doesnt operate in a vacuum..its the environment and the implementation that makes it unreliable