Changing to TATA Indicom

• Thread starter Thread starter navir
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 2,292
Status
Not open for further replies.

navir

I have to change since exatt decided to impose 10GB limits on all their accounts. i have to have an unlimited connection cos on 256 unlimited i was downloading more than 40 GB a month. one month with 512 unlimited it touched 90GB. Since tata are the only ISP with 256 unlimited internet connections (correct me if I am wrong) in my area (Bombay, Chembur), im thinking of changing. is the connection/experience really as bad as some have made it oud to be. from what i can see the downtime is quite low, which will be amazing cos exatt would have issues EVERYDAY. i also understood that there are some billing problems, and that post-paid is actually just a bill sent to your house, so which one should i go for, considering they both cost the same. Airtel is not available here, and im not touching reliance with a shitcoveredstick.also does it work on linux, configurable with pppoeconf?

Originally posted by navir@Mar 29 2006, 12:22 PM
I have to change since exatt decided to impose 10GB limits on all their accounts. i have to have an unlimited connection cos on 256 unlimited i was downloading more than 40 GB a month. one month with 512 unlimited it touched 90GB. Since tata are the only ISP with 256 unlimited internet connections (correct me if I am wrong) in my area (Bombay, Chembur), im thinking of changing. is the connection/experience really as bad as some have made it oud to be. from what i can see the downtime is quite low, which will be amazing cos exatt would have issues EVERYDAY. i also understood that there are some billing problems, and that post-paid is actually just a bill sent to your house, so which one should i go for, considering they both cost the same. Airtel is not available here, and im not touching reliance with a shitcoveredstick.

also does it work on linux, configurable with pppoeconf?
[snapback]46203[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hmm.TATA is quite decent for speeds.Though I only get like 100kbps during daytime! nighttime its ok.but for torrents n all its good. 256k up n down..Im having prepaid connection Rs. 1764 for 256kbps u/l.Worth it tho.nothing else u/l here.except Sify but its got 64kbps upload.misers.
It should work on linux 🙂 Best is to ask tech support..

Originally posted by muttster`@Mar 29 2006, 04:22 PM
I only get like 100kbps during daytime! nighttime its ok.but for torrents n all its good. 256k up n down..Im having prepaid connection Rs. 1764 for 256kbps u/l.
[snapback]46221[/snapback]
[/quote]
Have u spoken to tech support re:100kbs during the daytime on a 256k plan ?

I don't think its fair to claim 256k when they only give you half during the day.

On Airtel i'm getting 200kb/s all the time.

Right..having looked up this metro-ethernet thing, tata seems to have a pretty solid tech in place. I don't see any reason that they can't match or even exceed Airtel.I;m not sure but it seems Tata have chosen markets where Airtel is not very much present(?). In Bombay, Airtel is prolly the underdog. What about Delhi ?Else we could have had a good price war on our hands.

Airtel has expanded rapidly in delhi in last 1yr but so did Tata. Airtel seems to be winning the race in Delhi. The main reason is tata packages having much higher price. But tata too must be more than happy with the number of customer they have (considering their packages rate).

On the phone rite now.Aargh.Clear cookies delete history crap..I told them I use opera and firefox, too.not just IE. Speed @nite is magically good and during day its bad.Its not my computer,they dont get it only.Anyway tech forwarded my complaint.lets see.I just told him pls tell ur network guys speed is ok@nite and sad during day.He did that.lets see wat happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.