Dataone Unlimited Rumour ?

• Thread starter Thread starter puja399
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 4,386
Puja, thats my blog entry.It isnt a rumour but infact, an official communication from BSNL official.

hmm. nice to see other people ripping off articles and posting them on their site without credits.

Originally posted by Abhishek@Mar 28 2006, 08:56 PM
Puja, thats my blog entry.

It isnt a rumour but infact, an official communication from BSNL official.
[snapback]46123[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ugh! I just hope that they do not rip off the images too "P

Originally posted by Abhishek@Mar 28 2006, 08:56 PM
Puja, thats my blog entry.

It isnt a rumour but infact, an official communication from BSNL official.
[snapback]46123[/snapback]
[/quote]

i think they told u that to shrugg u off as u were bugging them with ur mails..
even though it becomes unlimtied it wont be cheap.. would be just like vsnl 256k,, thats near about 1500+ .... so i dosent matter to us if its become unlimted .. still now u have unlimed connection if u can pay that much to vsnl...
we need cheap unlimted connection..
that is what we all are looking for
thanks

Originally posted by vshs@Apr 2 2006, 01:44 PM
even though it becomes unlimtied it wont be cheap.. would be just like vsnl 256k,, thats near about 1500+ .... so i dosent matter to us if its become unlimted .. still now u have unlimed connection if u can pay that much to vsnl...
we need cheap unlimted connection..
that is what we all are looking for
thanks

Airtel 256k/unlimited is 999, Tata's is like 100 more.

Thing is without unlimited you could pay 5x more on top of your monthly rental.

What is your current free quota @256k with VSNL ? On a 256k line you could pull a total of 30GBs easily if not more. What does your bill become without unlimited ?

Is it fair to think if 256K unlimited is offered by BSNL, it won't stay unlimited just with 256k, i would expect some trickle down, 128k or lower too.

Originally posted by blr_p@Apr 2 2006, 07:20 PM
Airtel 256k/unlimited is 999, Tata's is like 100 more.
[snapback]46837[/snapback]
[/quote]
Correction : Tata's providing 256k for 1600 bucks
s it fair to think if 256K unlimited is offered by BSNL, it won't stay unlimited just with 256k, i would expect some trickle down, 128k or lower too. [/b]
Quite true , but even a unlimited 128 kbps connection would be better than a limited 256k

BSNL would not offer anything below 256kbps for the simple reason that TRAI has defined broadband as minimum 256kbps and that is one thing atleast BSNl has stuck to.

Although TRAI defined Broadband as >= 256kbps ; we are gettinglower speeds due to the contention ratio factor !if BSNL dataone is not broadband and its speed is reduced to 128 kbpsor 64 kbps then what happens to the actual speed ... ?

Well,How much upload speeds you get (BSNL guys)? 256 kbps? Should upload speed be min 256kbps to call the connection as BB?

I understand that TRAI has not distinguished uploads & downloads .
As BSNL is using ADSL technology Upload speed can be much lower
than the Download speed . As I reported in above post , the speed
depends on the contention ratio .
256k connection could be shared by 49 others on the BSNL Dataone ![/b]

totally, they have not said anything about limits. and it's not exactly a law. just a recommendation.and as it has been just mentioned. a connection can be of 10 megs but it can be provided shared between 1000 users. trai just did not specify the requirements clearly enough.

BSNL has extended the free upgrade from dial up to broadbandtill 30th April , instead of introducing new plans .And BSNL dialup charges are not under revision from a long time .BSNL is simply trying to drag the dialup users to the broadband .some times , sancharnet appears to be cheap & best for oursimple requirements ( like browsing the net , updating anti virus ) .ofcourse broadband is must for a serious net user ...

And today , 05 April 2006 , a new temporary dataone connection is
introduced on BSNL site http://www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm
wef 01 April .
Bandwidth -> Above 256 Kbps

Installation  Charges -> Rs 500

Security deposit for modem -> Rs 1000

Modem rental -> Rs 200

Plan charges -> Double of the normal rental

Additional usage charges -> As per plan applicable

Note : The minimum charges shall be for a period of 15 days.[/b]

who requires this temporary connection at higher charges ...

I'm very upset that they didn't add new plans or modify old plans. Now I don't expect atleast for Home 250 plan because i am on home 250 plan. I think they have done the modifications for Home 250 on their site, now there are going to be no other changes. I cannot say about other plans.