Relaince Huawei EC168C

Status
Not open for further replies.

raghavdayal

ISP
Tata
Dear All, I have a very strange problem. I have WinXpSp2 integrated installer cd. If I do a clean WinXP installation and then connect my EC168C reliance broadband+ datacard it works fine on all the usb ports but if I try to repair the windows then 1 if the card is inserted in the USB port during the repair installation process, it would work on that port and no other port. on other ports it would be recognized as a USB mass storage device only and not the Huawei modem2 if the card is not inserted in the port then it would only be recognised as a USB Mass Storage Device on all ports.Rest all device on USB port e.g. USB mouse, flash drives, etc. work perfectly fine on all the ports even if they are not present while repair installation.I would like to know if it is a known bug with microsoft/Huawei as I have tried reinstalling the netconnect software also. even I had tried to uninstall/repair the USB port before win XP repair. but to no avail.kindly help.

i m experiencing the same problem with xp. i m using winxp sp3 on a HP pavilion dv6000 laptop.the reliance ec168c card is detected as a usb mass storage device in device manager. not a modem. the modem should be detected after i install the driver(dialer) software in the virtual cd drive appearing in 'my computer'. when i run it the installer is getting stuck in between without installing the drivers. xp is not recognising the modem. nd the usb storage card with the modem is also not shown in 'my computer'. i tried all 3 usb ports with no success. its working fine with vista on the same machine. the netconnect 1x modem i had ealier used to work fine on xp.

This is the worst device I have ever seen. Relience does not support their device. I have called them several times for similar issue and they blame saying that my laptop is having problem. I have tried the same card in 4 laptops and still they say that my laptops are having problem and not their device.

of course they are just outsourcing the outdated hardware from the chinese company. i bet tons of users are going to face the problems with the launch of windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.