Imp regarding Torrents

• Thread starter Thread starter vijayk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 7,149

vijayk

Hi guys, Since all of here on this forum use torrents i thought i'd like to share an important realisation i just had. This is in particular with regards to bit lord client.Every1 who has used this client must have noticed tat almost always the total d/l data is much higher than the total data of the torrent. for eg. for 3.59 gb the client ends up d/l something like 3.8 - 3.9 gb. well i did some research and found tat the problem is universal with bit lord and more disturbingly tat along with rubbish data ( which if u think shud not total in to hundreds of megabytes) the reason for exces d/l was this: there r peers aligned with anti-p2p organisations who connect with p2p users like us and spam us with crap data to increase our d/l and dissuade us from d/l.wat the !@#$%^ ?? so i did some more research and found a program : peerguardian v.2 which has lists of ip addresses of these organisations and specifically blocks them. i quickly d/l installed and used it inconjuction with bit lord : Voila ! now my total d/l is eqaul to the actual amt to be d/l , d/l completes on time, and more imp. my precious bandwidth isnt wasted on these @#$%%^&* ppl who send me crap data on purpose. there r other programs too for this job . i'd recommend every1 who has a problem with excess unusable data d/l with torrents to try out this program because it has helped me out a t least a lot.cheers ! 🙂

nice finding dude!!

Thanx cb, i think its important to be informed tat not necessarily all peers and seeds tat u connect to r ur "friends " . they just might be ur friendly 'RIAA' sleuths !!! @#. Though in india we dont have much to fear right now its always good to be informed.And we get our 100% of our damned bandwidth. 🙂 without wasting 100's of mb's over shit.

thanks dude 🙂 🙂i always wondered why the hell i end up downloading so much more than the actual file im downloading.

I find the same thing happening with Bit Comet.

Originally posted by Raptor@Mar 27 2006, 06:05 PM
I find the same thing happening with Bit Comet.
[snapback]46011[/snapback]
[/quote]
ditto
have heard a lot about utorrent......will try it out. hope it turns out good. 🙂

utorrent sux !!!! in bit comet if i get around 12 seeds, in utorrent i only end up with 8 of them. Also i've heard many ppl say that the speeds in utorrent are much better than any other torrent client, this is soooo wrong, in bit comet if i'm getting speeds of around 12 (which is wot i usually get 🙁 ) in torrent the speeds is a mere 8 or even less !!So overall, utorrent sux !!!

@vishaljusually on http links i get around 28-30kBps while on lime wire if the no. hosts are enough i get a max of 32-34 kBps of constant speed.So i think the prob lies in utorrent or even bit comet for that matter.