BSNL, laptop wireless internet through router connected to PC

ISP
BSNL
Well i have a BSNL broadband connected to my PC(XP)and with a modem which supports wireless..I just brought a laptop(Vista). when i search for wireless connections i find my modemand i cannot connect to inter. laptop just reaches modem and shows limited connectiveity. after i tick on allow other computers to access internet on dial-up properties of broadband on PC.i can connect to internet on laptop tooBUT major problem is many people on my apartment have laptopsthey can connect too.also i am familiar with WEP WPA securities on router but the settings reset when my router is switched on and off after a power cutofhow can i connect my laptop wirelessly. and with a security such that only my laptops connects through router

Hi FrndOk...! I will try to give a solution for your problem...... K do one thing reset your modem or your router and then create a new SSID with a any of the specified security feature..... then try to connect so that it may connect...!RegardsShreeRaman

dude if the router is resetting itself to factory defaults as soon as you switch it off and turn it back on, it a problem with the router.call BSNL and they will replace it.

Is there any way to increase the download speed by connecting double lan connection to PC.Like,[Lan1 connection speed 250Kbps] + [Lan2 connection speed 250Kbps] + [WLAN connection speed 250Kbps] = 750 Kbps:iplay: