• Thread starter Thread starter blr_p
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 7,640

blr_p

Regulars
ISP
Airtel 256k ultd
Was used to the TOI website for this but since recently am not getting anything.What website do ppl use to view tv listings in India ?

Looks like the only way atm is to go to the channel websites themselves to get a listing....it would be great if this forum came up with an app that could do this in one place and provide a stars rating (imdb.com) next to the listing.if it worked well..u would get a lot of free publicity as a result...i'll let u sort out the legal issues involved with this 😉

One could post the monthly schedules of HBO, Star Movies, Star Plus (ok, jk on the last one..who watches their trash?) from their sites here..

Well i was hoping an app could grab it off their sites, parse and provide it in a schedule format. I mentioned the imdb thing since thats my measure of whether to watch a movie or not (ie 6 and above is ok). Going by that measure, i get to see maybe 2 movies a week if i'm lucky. Star movies defnitely has the edge over HBO in this regard. Tho i'm quite partial to HBO's Rome series..Cut & paste is unappealing to the eye.

^^well if u could give the list of channel sites may be i could make an app which would provide the TV Guide

I could do that but Admin on this site would need to verify whether its legally ok to do so. That is provide info from those sites on this one. Not sure what the extent of copyright is here...and there is the question whether he is interested at all to host such an app, presumably would need to work in php with this board.

umm. does calendar allows multiple users to edit and mantain a single calendar? 😱

Hmm, seems my previous posts on this topic have dissapeared, lets say they did not save in time b4 site melted.Anyways, i said that goggle calendar is not viable here as ppl need to update it *manually*.Lol, dunno bout u but i would expect it to update itself, as mentioned above..i have a feeling there is not much interest for the project on this board, so i let it drop.

I have created a set of calendars for just this purpose:
http://e.pharaoh.googlepages.com/TvListingsIndia

QUOTE(blr_p @ Apr 23 2006, 02:44 PM) [snapback]49016[/snapback]
Anyways, i said that goggle calendar is not viable here as ppl need to update it *manually*.
[/b]

True, but the advantage is that the calendar is filtered; only those shows that really interest you will be visible.

QUOTE(Sushubh @ Apr 17 2006, 03:10 AM) [snapback]48586[/snapback]
umm. does calendar allows multiple users to edit and mantain a single calendar? 😱
[/b]

yes, it does. the creator of the calendar has to manually give the permission to other users.