• Thread starter Thread starter saurabh_g
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 23
  • Views Views 8,053

saurabh_g

Regulars
ISP
TATA, Airtel
A bad news for all Tata Sky Subscribers who are planning to go for annual and half yearly package of tata sky and wants to avail the benefit of discount.

As tata sky have increases the price of their 2 max packs for North and South Now monthly subscription and annual subscription cost almost the same for all tata sky subscribers.

Pack Old Price New Price
Super save Pack (Annual) 2750 3025
Super Saver Pack (Half Yearly) 1375 1550

South Jumbo Pack (Annual) 3100 3410
South Jumbo Pack (Half Yearly) 1550 1760

In simple they have now discontinued the discount and increase the price of their packages Putting extra burden of money on all tata sky subscribers.

Tata Sky’s New DTH Packages With More DTH Paid Channels, Sports Platinum Pack, Sports Gold pack, South Value Pack, Educational Gold Pack and more

This is bad news i was planning to go for the semi annual super saver pack, now it is of no use:frown:

With this increase in price it becomes almost the most costly DTH after Sun direct.

Tata Sky is becoming difficult on costing issue. They have raised cost several times now. If they further increase monthly rentals, they could lose lots of customers.

HENNAI: Direct-To-Home (DTH) operator Tata Sky will focus on segmentation and differentiated product offerings to expand its clients and spread its reach outside Tier-I cities across the country.

Value for money

Stating this at a press conference here on Tuesday, Vikram Kaushik, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer, said that Tata Sky would always strive to acquire ‘quality customers’. In this context, he explained that Tata Sky would not be so much focussed on the ‘bottom of the pyramid’ clients, who tended to come on to the DTH network and remain active customers only for a transitory phase until the currency of a particular event like the Indian Premier League (IPL). There was a huge initial cost for acquiring such clients. Besides this, there was operating costs for such clients, he said.

Mr. Kaushik said it made no sense for Tata Sky to drive its business by concentrating its efforts around clients with lower ARPU (average revenue per user). In this context, he said DTH should be considered more as an infrastructure industry for pay television rather than a pure entertainment business. He made it clear that the focus of Tata Sky would be on providing value for money for customers who were either at the top or the middle of the pyramid. Mr. Kaushik said the DTH players had to contend with an unequal play field vis-À-vis the cable operators, who could afford price wars due to various factors. While admitting that mandatory digitalisation of the cable television could make the playing field somewhat level, the MD called upon the Government to bring down the incidence of taxation on the DTH industry............

The Hindu : Business : Tata Sky to focus on differentiated product offerings

^^^That means Tata Sky is out of race of having highest number of customers. Its good that TATASKY is wanting to maintain quality of service, but still rates should be kept within reasonable range (~Rs 400/month), or even upper higher class may opt out.

Vikram got another excuse for his failure to get more subscribers and also failed to decrease the rate as like other dths. Let them have only few 100 'quality' customers :rofl:

Vikram got another excuse for his failure to get more subscribers and also failed to decrease the rate as like other dths. Let them have only few 100 'quality' customers :rofl:
Failure or success does not depend on number of subscriber, but depends on ARPU (average revenue per user), and overall profit company gets. Any company can have less customers (satisfied!) and can be successful company. Hutch (now Vodafone) also followed same principle in mobile service.
But anyways, I am not happy with the new price rise (although its only Annual/semi-annual, monthly rates are still same), and hope that monthly rates are not rasied further, or it would be difficult to use Tata Sky.

hey vikram ur running urservice in INDIA and not in U.S:hysterical:mind it:hysterical:

I dont bother whether its TS is no-1 or no-2 all i need is that i need good picture and audio quality and affordable package rate......or else the existing customers will feel the pain........

everybody is in search of quality only😗 but unluckily or unfortunately nobody in INDIA provide affordable service in DTH industry:hysterical: