• Thread starter Thread starter skoka123
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,948

skoka123

ISP
BSNL
Hi All,

This post is actually not specific to Tata-Sky. As there is no generic DTH sub-forum I have chosen to post it here.

Some of us are aware of zipazap.com. It will be soon going offline. In its place comes WhatsOnIndia.com. I find this site to be way more user friendly than other online EPG sites. One of the nice things about this site is that it lets users like us, who are specifically interested only in programme guide for our Line up (read DTH provider), choose the lineup that we are interested.

Probably the most important and cool feature is the rescheduled programming information. It also tells us that if a programme is scheduled to telecast at 10:30 is moved to 12:30 (see: Indian TV Guide | Program Schedules | Movie Listings | Top Indian Channels | Sports Timings)

Of course, it continues to provide the SMS and email alerts etc.

Great site.ZipaZap only contained a few north indian channels.WhatsOnIndia almost has all the channels broadcasted in India.That is huge undertaking and feature.Also their Alerts feature is a huge plus.:dance::dance::dance:

Hi All,

This post is actually not specific to Tata-Sky. As there is no generic DTH sub-forum I have chosen to post it here.

Some of us are aware of zipazap.com. It will be soon going offline. In its place comes WhatsOnIndia.com. I find this site to be way more user friendly than other online electronic program guide sites. One of the nice things about this site is that it lets users like us, who are specifically interested only in programme guide for our Line up (read DTH provider), choose the lineup that we are interested.

Probably the most important and cool feature is the rescheduled programming information. It also tells us that if a programme is scheduled to telecast at 10:30 is moved to 12:30 (see: Indian TV Guide | Program Schedules | Movie Listings | Top Indian Channels | Sports Timings)

Of course, it continues to provide the SMS and email alerts etc.

Good Information Keep it Up :thumb:

Great site.
ZipaZap only contained a few north indian channels.
WhatsOnIndia almost has all the channels broadcasted in India.
That is huge undertaking and feature.
Also their Alerts feature is a huge plus.
:dance::dance::dance:

Are you confusing burptv with Zipazap? Zipazap had almost 280 channels for the year or so at least. I think the default would only show a few of the popular north channel.

This new site WhatsOnIndia is also from ZipaZap but with new user interface that is far superior to the older one and some great features.

The good thing about these people is that if more people want additional local channels they are willing to add them. They would even like to hear constructive criticism and act on it.

I think if required we can even convince them to give us local cable lineups too like Digi-Cable and Hathway.

This is also a decent site for TV channel guide and reminders.......

Search results | burrp!TV Guide

Burp is good but you can't really compare 70 odd channels that Burp provides with 280 channels that WhatOnIndia gives.

One thing is essential for SMS alert is that they need to give us an option sending alerts in advance for 24hrs or 48 hrs or 72 hrs.......as this will enable us set reminders or set record option in our DTH operation........if they are sending alerts maximum 1 hr before there is a chance that we may miss the programme or we may not be in a position to record the program if we are outside the house.....where as zipzap has this feature.........:thumb:

I am not getting any sms alert or email alert thru whats on india tv guide :wall:........where as in burp the alerts are coming to me promptly........

I am not getting any sms alert or email alert thru whats on india tv guide :wall:........

Hi Ajuravi007, Thanks for your feedback. We are absolutely serious in our commitment to this area and we listen very carefully to suggestions and requests from users. After reading your post we have again fully tested the SMS alerts. The systems working fine except for one day this week where we had some SMS gateway sync issue. Do try again and let us know.

We have also taken into account some of your other suggestions and are in the process of incorporating those. They are part of a new version release that we are doing later this month. Please keep your feedback coming in.

Hi Ajuravi007, Thanks for your feedback. We are absolutely serious in our commitment to this area and we listen very carefully to suggestions and requests from users. After reading your post we have again fully tested the SMS alerts. The systems working fine except for one day this week where we had some SMS gateway sync issue. Do try again and let us know.

We have also taken into account some of your other suggestions and are in the process of incorporating those. They are part of a new version release that we are doing later this month. Please keep your feedback coming in.

I wanted to thank you that now the SMS alerts are working fine with me as i am getting alerts as scheduled by me. I have got just 1 minor issue which is i am able to set sms alerts reminder and also i opt for repeat option reminder for the same program.......i am able to get the repeat program alerts only for sports channels only where i dont get any SMS alerts on the repeat SMS alerts for Tamil Programs.......apart from this issue i dont any other issues........i also feel this is a minor issue and its not affecting me that much..........

Last i just wanted to remind you guys again that please provided us an option in sending the SMS alerts with more option that is 24 hrs and 48 hrs before.......this will help us to set reminders in out DTH STB and also help us to set the record option 1 day or 2 days before itself........

Thanks in advance and also i request you to constantly monitor this thread and which will be useful for both of us.......any updates coming please let us know in this thread in advance........:thumbsup:

----------

@Whats on India.....

I wanted to share this information that i have also given the feedback the same suggestion to burrp tv which they have implemented today.......

The key advantage you have got over burrp tv is that you have more more number of TV channels guide which we cant compare to burrp tv guide.........also you have got the advantage of all the regional channels tv guide listings too which is really great.......