What's Reliance Broadband: Reliance Netconnect Broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.
ISP
broadband
What's Reliance Broadband: Reliance Netconnect BroadbandI mean Availablity in cities , Monthly Rentals and above all plans and speed?

Hi, Reliance netconnect is USB modem which gives you speed upto 3.1 Mbps. It is available city like pune. For more detail contact at 9970931188

Hi everyone, I had been using reliance netconnect for abt 2 months. My views:

- 'Hybrid' connection ie., the speed change automatically according to the time/availability etc. It was a pain, as the frequent change in speed (very frequent for me) causes disruption if you are downloading a file directly from a site such as link-removed etc. I didn't get the 3.1 mb (effective dload speed is only 1/8th of it) all the time, say for only abt 1/3rd of the time.
- The 'unlimited' plan is NOT so. It has a 10 gb limit (both upload and download)
- The Reliance Netconnect website opens up everytime you connect and EVERYTIME THE CONNECTION CHANGES SPEEDS such as 1x, 2x, hsd. It happens frequently and it's very annoying and also eats up a few kbs everytime.
- You have to buy the modem outright, no rental. It sets you back by 3500 BUCKS. And you can't return it if you plan to cancel your connection
- Only plan on getting the 1gb plan if you use it just to check your mail and visit a few sites, because you will have used up your limit before the month ends, and each mb above the limit is RS.2 PER MB (for landline broadband, it is Rs.0.60 per mb only)
- Even the 10 gb plan (so called 'unlimited') will be over in a jiffy if you download a lot and are not careful. If you use torrents BEWARE as you would have uploaded as much as you download
- They have a credit limit for each person, so if you reach it before the month ends, your connection will be disconnected abruptly and be restored only if you settle the outstanding balance

In my opinion, landline broadband with wifi are the best. If you absolutely need internet for your laptop on the go and have a lot of cash, go for wireless internet.

Hi everyone, I had been using reliance netconnect for abt 2 months. My views:

- 'Hybrid' connection ie., the speed change automatically according to the time/availability etc. It was a pain, as the frequent change in speed (very frequent for me) causes disruption if you are downloading a file directly from a site such as link-removed etc. I didn't get the 3.1 mb (effective dload speed is only 1/8th of it) all the time, say for only abt 1/3rd of the time.
- The 'unlimited' plan is NOT so. It has a 10 gb limit (both upload and download)
- The Reliance Netconnect website opens up everytime you connect and EVERYTIME THE CONNECTION CHANGES SPEEDS such as 1x, 2x, hsd. It happens frequently and it's very annoying and also eats up a few kbs everytime.
- You have to buy the modem outright, no rental. It sets you back by 3500 BUCKS. And you can't return it if you plan to cancel your connection
- Only plan on getting the 1gb plan if you use it just to check your mail and visit a few sites, because you will have used up your limit before the month ends, and each mb above the limit is RS.2 PER MB (for landline broadband, it is Rs.0.60 per mb only)
- Even the 10 gb plan (so called 'unlimited') will be over in a jiffy if you download a lot and are not careful. If you use torrents BEWARE as you would have uploaded as much as you download
- They have a credit limit for each person, so if you reach it before the month ends, your connection will be disconnected abruptly and be restored only if you settle the outstanding balance

In my opinion, landline broadband with wifi are the best. If you absolutely need internet for your laptop on the go and have a lot of cash, go for wireless internet.

Excellent report. Many thanks for this well written report.

I would stick to my MTNL Triband despite its limitations.

Status
Not open for further replies.