• Replies Replies 91
  • Views Views 29,114
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raditz

Regular
ISP
Bsnl
So, Ive been thinkin of writing this post for quite some time now.Its been almost 4 years since Broadband has gone mainstream in India. We're a technological hub with so many technically oriented people and ~But still nothing better than 256 K connections (unlimited bw) ? @ reasonably affordable prices. Just wondering, is it because of apathy of the government or do we not have the capability and the infrastructure in place ?

As you know The broadband is not cheaper than 250 Rs in india and unlimited are not less than 800Rs we dont know when we are getting it and dont expect cheap broadband from indian companies oonly international companies like SKY,Virgin,AOL can give it :thumbsup:till that :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall: and be coool:thumb:

So, Ive been thinkin of writing this post for quite some time now.

Its been almost 4 years since Broadband has gone mainstream in India. We're a technological hub with so many technically oriented people and ~

But still nothing better than 256 K connections (unlimited bw) ? @ reasonably affordable prices.

Just wondering, is it because of apathy of the government or do we not have the capability and the infrastructure in place ?

What the **** are u thing of u r self about india ????? 😡 😡

do u know how much infrastructure is need to give 1 mbps and how many people are needed to maintain it ... ?

I think u are in a city ........ go to an village any part of india u can get BSNL broadband ...... at 250 rs per month for an normal users ........

U should know that internet was introduced in India at 2000 at it max .....

it took 6 years to get from dial-up to Broadband with the growing economy ......

But it took 24 years in US to grow from dial-up to Broadband ...... in US

then not many in US have broadband ... but every one india has Mostly Broaband ...........

Don't compare with any ****ing European countries they are country is equal to u r district or half of the state ....... nothing more than that ........

To dig a Optical fiber from city to city is very easy in europe ..... but the cities in India are far and to dig a optial fiber is difficult to and its even still difficult to maintain it .......

U have know idea how hard is to maintain a optical fiber .... for every 50 KM u need an Repeater which should be very keep in hot climate like India ......

u have no no no no Idea .........:madness::madness::madness::madness:

^ Go easy . If you want example of large country with good broadband look at China and Russia , China more population , Russia much larger , much worse terrain . And about optical fibres and repeaters , you mean you can lay DSL lines at large distances without any equipment in between . Optical fibres have much less attenuation (if any) than DSL linesAnd you my friend have absolutely no idea what you are talking about , bandwidth costs much less to ISP's than what they make out of it , there is no competiton for higher bandwidth , PSU ISP's are lazy/corrupt , private ISP's wont bother

^ Go easy . If you want example of large country with good broadband look at China and Russia , China more population , Russia much larger , much worse terrain . And about optical fibres and repeaters , you mean you can lay DSL lines at large distances without any equipment in between . Optical fibres have much less attenuation (if any) than DSL lines

And you my friend have absolutely no idea what you are talking about , bandwidth costs much less to ISP's than what they make out of it , there is no competiton for higher bandwidth , PSU ISP's are lazy/corrupt , private ISP's wont bother

the DSL lines which we are using are layed long back ........😢

Man u must know that Russia a super power untill 1990 .... they un-matchable skilled work force ... its the greatest country still now and far developed that India at present ....

Don't compare the CHina with India with internet ....... this makes me laugh ...... every which go out of China are scanned ........ where every thing is free in India

Would like to see some better plans. At least night unlimited for my UL 750. There was a feeling that after elections something will come. Now the ministry has sworn in, I prefer to be in hope.

What the **** are u thing of u r self about india ????? 😡 😡

do u know how much infrastructure is need to give 1 mbps and how many people are needed to maintain it ... ?

I think u are in a city ........ go to an village any part of india u can get BSNL broadband ...... at 250 rs per month for an normal users ........

U should know that internet was introduced in India at 2000 at it max .....

it took 6 years to get from dial-up to Broadband with the growing economy ......

But it took 24 years in US to grow from dial-up to Broadband ...... in US

then not many in US have broadband ... but every one india has Mostly Broaband ...........

Don't compare with any ****ing European countries they are country is equal to u r district or half of the state ....... nothing more than that ........

To dig a Optical fiber from city to city is very easy in europe ..... but the cities in India are far and to dig a optial fiber is difficult to and its even still difficult to maintain it .......

U have know idea how hard is to maintain a optical fiber .... for every 50 KM u need an Repeater which should be very keep in hot climate like India ......

u have no no no no Idea .........:madness::madness::madness::madness:

o wow, hmm...just wondering, how old are you 13 or 14 maybe
Anyways to the older, more sensible members here as I am clear from my post I'm just wondering why cant we have plans like , say 2 Mbps unlimted or perhaps better @ decent rates.
As far as the 250Rs. village connection goes, first things first - they have a one gig limit, so what happens when a not so technical person goes above limit ? and secondly the pertinent question here is not Broadband penetration but instead speeds in city and urban areas and the ability to remain connected 24 x 7.

I'm not talking of optical fibres or Hi-speed cable access.

Point is there never had been claims before that speeds will increase in 2009. Also, no claims are made of speed increase in future. Unlike UK who claims to change all line with fibre optics and introduce plans of 1 gbps.

the DSL lines which we are using are layed long back ........😢

Man u must know that Russia a super power untill 1990 .... they un-matchable skilled work force ... its the greatest country still now and far developed that India at present ....

Don't compare the CHina with India with internet ....... this makes me laugh ...... every which go out of China are scanned ........ where every thing is free in India
Incoherent arguments

Yes , so if DSL lines were layed earlier , what does this prove ? ADSL2+ is capable of 24 mbps speeds , technology is NOT the bottleneck here

Superpower has nothing to do with broadband penetration , you dont even need an unmatchable skilled force to get decent internet

As for China , you are talking about censorship etc which is totally invalid here , the OP's queries were about Internet speeds not internet freedom , the bottom line is China has good broadband speeds

This has been discussed here before. In short, most residential users in India have no pressing need for a faster connection. One would think that Youtube would spur demand for greater speeds, but even there, 512 kbps (+ burst window) serves one's need just fine. When a service like Hulu launches here and there's significant demand, then maybe there'll be incentives for ISPs to offer reasonably-priced high-speed unlimited plans. But that's a bit of a chicken & egg problem.

Nothing is gonna happen for nxt 5 years as well.. A Raja retains IT & Communications :wall:

o wow, hmm...just wondering, how old are you 13 or 14 maybe
Anyways to the older, more sensible members here as I am clear from my post I'm just wondering why cant we have plans like , say 2 Mbps unlimted or perhaps better @ decent rates.
As far as the 250Rs. village connection goes, first things first - they have a one gig limit, so what happens when a not so technical person goes above limit ? and secondly the pertinent question here is not Broadband penetration but instead speeds in city and urban areas and the ability to remain connected 24 x 7.

I'm not talking of optical fibres or Hi-speed cable access.

To give u higher bandwidth .........

U need to tons of Bandwidth in backbone ....... :dance:

They have great internal Bandwidth dude ...... if u Use they got great Internal bandwidth ...... but isp's in india has no international routes ....... i mean to say that no Optical lines connected to europe and America ( where there are most data center's located ) ..... Except reliance they got a Flartelcom ......

By the By for u r info i am not 13 or 14 .... i got my CCNP last Month

Incoherent arguments

Yes , so if DSL lines were layed earlier , what does this prove ? ADSL2+ is capable of 24 mbps speeds , technology is NOT the bottleneck here

Superpower has nothing to do with broadband penetration , you dont even need an unmatchable skilled force to get decent internet

As for China , you are talking about censorship etc which is totally invalid here , the OP's queries were about Internet speeds not internet freedom , the bottom line is China has good broadband speeds

Man u have no idea about ADSL ........ ?

Copper cables was used in Telephone's

In 1990 most of the people has telephones .... so Telcom companied though to provide ... internet though the Copper Cables than to install a new line to consumer ....... then the concept of DSL was maken out ...........

For Furter information see this

Digital subscriber line - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks for the explanation kanishka, now wasnt it easier to explain everything minus the swearing, Anyways as according to you we dont have many / any International routes, which brings us back to the root of my Question as to why we dont have this in place? From what I get its the apathy of the government as well as lack of subscribers in India that makes them not act up, still strange how we're making in the mobile sector while BB gets neglected.We've got technology like Wimax and 3G now, so its not liek we dont have the potential. the Superpower thing has nothing to do with this. Also Brazil isnt a "Super-power" and isnt in North America/ Europe, but has much better Internet connectivity.

Thanks for the explanation kanishka, now wasnt it easier to explain everything minus the swearing, Anyways as according to you we dont have many / any International routes, which brings us back to the root of my Question as to why we dont have this in place?

From what I get its the apathy of the government as well as lack of subscribers in India that makes them not act up, still strange how we're making in the mobile sector while BB gets neglected.

We've got technology like Wimax and 3G now, so its not liek we dont have the potential. the Superpower thing has nothing to do with this. Also Brazil isnt a \"Super-power\" and isnt in North America/ Europe, but has much better Internet connectivity.

Reliance Globalcom

this is reliance network .......

After seeing this u must satisfied u r Question ........

Man i have already said that Mobile was an internal network ........ It is superb i have already said that ....... u must know 3g and wimax are internal networks ..... to connect to Internet Backbone we don;t have great links

Lol Kanishka, all youre doing is explaining the problem and thereby strengthening my argument. Whilst I'm looking for the solution which means why arent steps being taken to improve the situation....

Its not the customers job to lay lines.

btw just so u know Pakistan has better BB than India and @ better prices

http://i39.tinypic.com/2ey82m8.jpg

2000 Pk RS. = 1180.51 INR

Furthermore--
http://i44.tinypic.com/1250u9l.jpg

Another interesting read--
Broadband in India@@AMEPARAM@@/docinfo/14988281?access_key=key-5lc9bq5apkefperuh84@@AMEPARAM@@14988281@@AMEPARAM@@key-5lc9bq5apkefperuh84

Status
Not open for further replies.