Opted in for TATA.

muttster`

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 25, 2005
hey all.Just paid rs.2888 for 1month u/l 256k and 1000 installation included.Just wanted to give TATA a go.Happy with my Sify n MTNL..but like to mess around :)Will give feedback on how it goes! B)

Vince

Regular
Regulars
May 23, 2005
Good for you :p

BTW Are you on prepaid or postpaid?
How is the wiring?
Can you access and check your account on www.tataindicombroadband.com ?

muttster`

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 25, 2005
hehe prepaid.. 1764 i think it is for 256k u/l...wiring n all they do by next sat..just paid the money this evening..5pm..they had dropped home.heh

hitman

Regulars
May 10, 2005
New Delhi
U will be lucky if u get wiring done by the time they told u. They told me 15 days and I got it after 2 months :D Anyways when once installed there service is quite nice.

muttster`

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 25, 2005
hehe lets se.e.they already have 26 connections in the building! wow! hmm..i'll drop down to 64kbps u/l after this month;) maybe they will forget to turn down the speed:p hehe like it happened with u? or someoneelse? is it still going strong:p

Vince

Regular
Regulars
May 23, 2005
^^ It happened to me muttster... 2 months so far... i hope they never find out.. :DBut i'm on post-paid... a friend said that prepaid speeds are set at the server automatically... but i dont know if this is true, so if you try changing your plan, please let me know how it goes ;) :)

waterloo_sunset

Regulars
Aug 26, 2005
New Delhi
Is this Tata Indicom or Vsnl although i am aware Tata owns Vsnl now. But last month they finished the wiring(overhead) bit in my apartment complex and said that a 256 u/l connection would cost 1100 a month. I dunno if it's different from Tata Indicom broadband or the same. Seems like they're revamping their setup or something.

BBnewB

Mar 20, 2006
Last month I subscribed to VSNL/Indicom. Installation happened within 3 days of registration. :) Started with quick20, 256kpbs. Right now am on 64kbps 'always-on'. The download speeds are pretty good and consistent too.Flip side:the sales rep dint know a thing of BB. For every query he refered a book or called someone. :angry:The rates are higher tooI dont think Airtel offers BB in my area and I dont want to be tagged with a useless landline which is mandatory for BSNL.in all, a fairly good experience with IndicomOh! btw, VSNL waives the installation and deposit fee (1000 bucks each) for employees in MNC :D:Dcheerssubhashlocation: bangalore

muttster`

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Mar 25, 2005
They came@ 5.30..did install by 7.30 were out of the house..nice wiring..Its through Ethernet..I think they called it Metro Ethernet..dslreports.com speed test result on 2006-03-23 11:39:51 EST:202 / 250Your download speed : 202 kbps or 25.3 KB/sec.Your upload speed : 250 kbps or 31.2 KB/secSpeeds are decent..On torrents i get full 32kBps..overall satisfied so far! Pings are rocking too..:) I'll stick with them and dump Sify.