BSNL Broadband: Common Questions

• Thread starter Thread starter kanishka
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 93
  • Views Views 71,141
i hv a bsnl 900 uld combo plan.i crossd the 8 gb limit at 10th nov...& they stop to giving 4mbps speed & from the 10th the speed is stuck in 512kbps. everythng is good nothing is went wrong.but but from the 29th nov & its 30th nov i recevd the speed of 4mbps once again but month is not complited right now.is it their tecnical fault???one thing i have to mention my last date of paying bill is dated 29th of every month.is they recycle the fup from the last date of paying bill of every month????

what are the actual night unlimited hours for bb combo 500/600 plans? It seems the Bsnl's clock is out of synch. I am getting charged between 2:00 and 2:08 am AND 8:00 and 8:22..ek toh pehle se hi 1.5 Gb ki FUP hai aur upar se ye dokhebaazi....sahi mein, Bsnl chor organization hai.....I used utorrent schedule earlier, but now i have to shift to some other method to schedule the downloads...Please anyone tell me a method to start downloading from 2:10 a.m to 7:30 a.m...In utorrent, we can increment/decrement on the basis of an hour only.....
Here's my usage, you can see in night the bsnl clock delays by 10 min and in morning their clock advances by 22 min...:O.....as always bsnl is chor organization, who are giving unlimited usage for rs.15000@2mbps as compared to 699 of reliance(if only it was feasible in my area!!!)

I was asleep at these hours and didnt used net. All work was done by torrent client which was scheduled from 2:00 to 8:00 a.m and Also I had scheduled my pc to shut down itself at 8:00 a.m and my pc clock shows correct time....Please tell me some other method to schedule..
http://postimage.org/image/rz642r60t/

Why Bsnl Sales person dont know about their own Broadband plans? I wanted to change my plan from 500C to 600C via Udaan...Next day, he called me and told me to give a written application, which i did..then, He told me there's no 600 Combo plan :O but I refuted him by showing the plan on my Cell phone...but he still wasnt sure and took my application...I won't be surprised if they didn't change it..Isn't there any easier way to change the plan ?I called CC 10 times but they kept me on hold...People are saying here that you can change plan online but i nowhere found an option do so...there is an option in BSNL Wire-line Self Care Portal to change the plan but on clicking it a pop-up tells me to contact customer care...Isn't there any other way online?

http://www.sneaindia.com/files/Business%20Circulars/Project%20Udaan%20-%20Consumer%20Fixed%20Access/Broad%20Band/Tariff/Reformulation%20of%20Existing%20ADSL%20postpaid%20BB%20plans%20-06-12-12.pdf

I don't know whether this has been posted already. BSNL has reformulated existing ADSL postpaid BB plans. In the limited plans the charges per MB have been hiked. In the combo plans the MCU charges/pulse have been hiked for non BSNL network calls. It is getting really very bizarre ! Is BSNL hell bent on commiting suicide !

I have this 2008 model inno mediaMTA6628 1BE2s device which I am now using for BSNL Broad band.I tried to confiure the modem by accessing it with 192.168.99.1 ip but not able to access the net.BSNL technicians replied that they are not able to do as is is new for them.I tried to go through manuals at innomedia website but of no use.Kindly help me as to how to configure this modem.Previously the modem is configured for RELIANCE Broadband.Kindly help me.Thank you.

BSNL's Southern Selfcare Portal seems to have got updated recently and the columns in usage details are now named wrongly. The 'Total Download Volume' and 'Total Upload Volume' columns in 'Broadband Summary Details' are now mixed up such that the total downloads show under upload volume and vice versa.

I guess BSNL is the best internet service provider in India. Can any one say when 8mbps plan in Rs.1000 Per Month is launching in Bhubaneswar.

I am using calcutta telephone broadband 550C plan since last 5 yrs. My modem is Nokia siemens modem c2110. 7days back suddenly my modems link / yellow light started blinking & not stopped blinking. Thus I am unable to connect broadband. I logged a call assuming it as BSNL problem. But they told me that BSNL line is OK & modem is not working , need to replace the modem. That day I pressed reset button. after restarting the modem , the yellow light stopped blinking , I was able to connect the internet. I did not switched it off for 2 days & it worked fine. After 2 days I switched off & I again switched it on immediately - the yellow light became steady . I did not used PC then & I powered off all & went away. In the evening , when I switched on the modem , the yellow light never became steady. It is blinking even I tried to reset it , power off - on atleast 50 times ; but the yellow light is still blinking & I am unable to connect internet. Pls advise.

For BSNL broadband the modem is on rent basis and it takes Rs.25 each month for this. For any failure of modem they will replace it as it is the norm. But recently I heard that this service is withdrawn, that means if modem goes kaput then BSNL will not change it, then why we paying monthly rental. Can anyone confirm on this?

It is true that BSNL have stpped supplying modems. If they have spare at exchange you will get it.

I have a Linksys WRT54G router (WIFI) connected to a Beetel 110TC1 modem.
Can anyone guide me as to how to configure both the devices in order to have a DHCP connection?

i have an BSNL non Wifi modem Huawei MT882, i had got an ZTE wifi modem 531B which does not work , but the wifi is working in it. so i thought of using it as wifi router from my non wifi huawei modem, though my mobile can recognize the ZTE wifi, but the data transfer not take place. how to resolve this?simply saying, i have to use ZTE 531B as a wifi router combied with my huawei 882 modem, please help.

These are some comman isseu and i can also face these type of problem while i am using BSNL broadband net connection.