why people hate IE?

Lokesh

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Jul 7, 2005
have heard people curse it!works fine for me , but still people recom. firefox/opera!WHY???????????/what's wrong with ie? please telll

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
for me...it is slowno tabsno mouse gesturesunresponsiveconsumes too much ram if i open too many windows

Raptor

Regular
Regulars
Oct 14, 2005
Hmm no tabs? IE 7 beta2 has tabs. Been using that for now and I like it more than firefox.

Sushubh

Administrator
Oct 29, 2004
Gurugram
1. it's beta (i use a preview release of opera and its more stable)2. it has its own share of nuisance factors

ultra vires

O.o
Regulars
Nov 28, 2004
just say that u dont like IE.....
i use opera too(bcoz IE didnt had tabs)
u just hate IE coz u love opera no other reason guyz ..

Even Opera consumes loads of ram last count.. 4 windows open 67 mb of ram and here is a screenie to prove it(though with 1 window but 49 mb,after 15 mins of browsing)
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/6915/forum0dp.jpg

It's beta and its stable applies for IE too.

Most sites and software(which use link grabbers) are optimized for IE.

Just dont blame IE if u hate it.

BTW i use opera too.

PS: not posted here to fight with any1 :p

popcorn

Apr 10, 2005
Mumbai
i use ie because without ie windows operating system is incomplete :p

power

supersupersuper...
Regulars
Dec 19, 2004
there is no problem with ie except that it is too much incorporated with working of windows and hence the new bugs found for it can be used to do system wide damage ad also ie is very poorly written as compared to other browsers so it has loads of exploits out there .

kambui

The Hardware Guy
Regulars
Mar 8, 2006
I use ....everything..... I hate nothing....I have got all three installed (opera,Firefox and IE)I preffer Firefox ......don't know why...it just that I use it more often than others.....I still need IE because some pages do not open in any browser than IEeg: Musicindiaonline for online music.....require IE to play music.....tried it in firefox....wanted a plugin....installed it didn't workuse all the three browser/////thats my advice

popcorn

Apr 10, 2005
Mumbai
i beleive not messing up comp with lot of softwares. after doing tests on various os and browser environment.... i have learnt that if you want to use windows then u have a compulsion to install ie. and if ie is there then i dont prefer adding other browser. if windows worked fine without ie, i would install firefox as my only browser.