Airtel dsl user id and self care???

• Thread starter Thread starter mohanish
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 103,065

mohanish

ISP
Airtel
Okay so i just got a new Airtel connection 512 kbps night unlimited. The speed and all is good, but i had a few problems/questions.

1)Self Care:
When got to https://ebpp.airtelworld.com/care/RetailUserRegistration/ and choose "Broadband..." they ask me for a log in id, dsl id, account number...

Where do i find the dsl id(i used the phone number they gave me ie 020412***** but that doesn't work)

and what is caf number... is it the same as account number?

2)Does anybody know the password and user id for :😀SL WEST FTP PORTAL

1.What is the modem you use ?2.Do you connect immediately you switch on your system ?3.How do you connect to Internet now with Airtel ISP ?4.Since yours is unlimited plan wait for the first bill.5.Self care you will get a different ID and password of your choice.6. The website you have mentioned seems to be for storage space for your files, or for use of Airtel staff.will update later.

1. I use a beetel 450bxi.2&3. Yeah, all i have to do is to switch on the system and it gets connected. Is this standard with all airtel connectins.5. Yeah i need a self care id thats why i tried to register there

@mohanish,Login ID will be ur Airtel Phone Number.Password will be given by Airtel and later you can change it to your desired password.For creating user id you should first go to your nearest airtel outlet and submit an application for creating user id. you need to submit your passport size photo with it also. After your submission, you ll get ur user id and password.

@mohanish
As long ,everything is working Ok , do not attempt
changes in modem /-router. password etc.

see this web site for settings for your modem/router/wifi .
The little I know about Dataone Broadband Services offered by BSNL

just open 192.168.1.1 in IE and type admin password
if confident see all the pages.

Make a back up of all settings to your Hard disk say C:/My Documents/ beetel450bx settings.

Confirm similarity.

Where do i find the dsl id(i used the phone number they gave me ie 020412***** but that doesn't work)

and what is caf number... is it the same as account number?

Hi,

Your DSL id is: 020412*****_mh
I have no idea what CAF number means. If you wanna know your account number, call 121 from your airtel landline. For all other details and help call 121 from your landline.

2)Does anybody know the password and user id for :😀SL WEST FTP PORTAL
Looks like a FTP server to me!

okay it turns out that i just needed to be paitent... Airtel CC called me up and gave me the details themself.

Anyway now that i CAN acess the self care site i saw this:

My plan is 512kbps night unlimited, and accordingly they have not charged for night usage in the image. But how do i find the total number of kbs downloaded during the day time? As in i am sure they don't expect me to manually add all the day time used kbs shown there.

PS: Gave my math exam today and i am kind of still in that frame of mind... please ignore.

So if i can find the multiplying factor say m and constant c such that

(x units * m) +c =y rupees
then
taking x = 524288 units we can find ymax

(as 524288 units is 5GB my limit)

ymax is the maximum i can have unbilled amout in free quota. Therefore (ymax-current unbilled amount) = Remaining amount.

Substitute back in eqn to get remaining x in units.

Multiply by to to find it in kb

Yippie

hey buddy..
i read your topic..yaar have u got any info about their ftp server??
there is one thing known as oss..
i am in delhi..

Airtel- Operational Support Systems - MAHARASTRA

this is the maharashtra oss and again the problem is the login info..we can edit any info and unbind any account..dont kno what to do..have any idea??

What is oss?
If you mean the site

Then there is nothing much you can do there.... even with the username and password (i am not saying i have it.... but i am not saying that i don't either). Its just that AT REPORT is for that feedback form you fill at the time of installation, and MAC ID UPDATION stands for updating a particular users MAC ID.....

What is oss?
If you mean the site

Then there is nothing much you can do there.... even with the username and password (i am not saying i have it.... but i am not saying that i don't either). Its just that AT REPORT is for that feedback form you fill at the time of installation, and MAC ID UPDATION stands for updating a particular users MAC ID.....

OSS is everything man..it has all the records of all the people using airtel dsl..earlier i used to have the north region oss..the ip was 172.18.201.68/ but then they changed the ip and i dont know where is the ip now..i had the login info too for that one..the ftp server that u gave also seemed somehwat like that only..but u dont have the login info..