Google Maps Updates

• Thread starter Thread starter powdermonkey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,175
  • Views Views 251,175
half of connaught place is not clear........why??[/b]

just notice that after 2500 ft, the picture doesn't load anymore to extra resolution...what that means is the pictures are taken from the altitude of 2500 ft...so whatever is visible from there...though i can spot my office building 😀

@powdermonkey...did u see those 3D buildings in New York...u can literally zoom down till the ground level almost...cool man!!!

View attachment 189

coz the picture's been taken from around 30,000 feet...u can zoom in, but everything will get blurred...i think only Delhi is the place where it's around 2500 feet...

Originally posted by avinds@Jul 7 2005, 12:29 AM
bangalore is not at all there.....

..i cant see my house

Yeah...i think only the western countries are of high resolutions and the pictures frm there are at lowest altitude compared to Indian subcontinent here.

Thanks coolbuddy, i never knew tht..

Ya Delhi has the best resolution India....I have my house in Delhi and could also nearly locate our car...Another nice thing to chk out is yahoo maps(if I am not wrong)...a good option they have is that you can toggle between Satellite imagery and a digitized map...Does anybody know what tech this works on....??

I have pentium 3 700 mhz and intel 810E 256 MB Ram. This software works extremely slow on my winxp sp2 with direct x 9c. Can any one help me with the minimum config required. I use sify 64 kbps or I have a 11.6 KB connection. It loads with a error that u should use directx version but direct x does not work. I have to click not to try direct x and it loads but extremely slow. Also i cannot zoom in details like I see those buildings u guys have posted. Any trick? or I have to upgrade!!!? 🙄

i heard its gonna be a security issue for most countries......atleast in US, i could see one of my relatives house, the road, everything right here sitting at my home.imagine somethin like this gets in the puter of Osamaji....

Originally posted by Suraj@Aug 18 2005, 03:01 PM
i heard its gonna be a security issue for most countries......atleast in US, i could see one of my relatives house, the road, everything right here sitting at my home.

imagine somethin like this gets in the puter of Osamaji....
[snapback]22027[/snapback]
[/quote]

This was discussed on /. when google earth came out, they have blanked out some details over sensitive sites. But the rest is pretty much in the public domain already for some years now. M$ had a site i think terraserver that had more resolution, running since 98 i think.

Search engine giant Google has finally decided to release a Macintosh version of their popular application Google Earth. In addition, they also made the release final. So, Google Earth is now officially out of beta testing phase. The latest versions are available on Google Earth website and can also be upgraded using the Google Pack if you have it downloaded on your machine.

More: https://broadband.forum/archives/2006/0...sh-version-too/