• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 5,469
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsk1979

ISP
Airtel
I recently got call from IPTV people. Since I have 1499 plan, they had special offer. MY plan becomes 1599, I pay 2000rs and get wireless router cum STB.The deal was good and I fixed up the with executive.First they kept dilly dallying, and every time they told me they are coming today. I was not in a hurry, and let them take their own sweet time.Finally an executive called Dheeraj came, and showed me the details.I paid the 2000rs installation charge, and he said 48 hours.this was last tuesday 12/may/09Its been a week, and no IPTV techie has come for install.I tried calling their numbers but nobody picks up.Finally I got the number of installtion person Amit from thie dheeraj chap, and Amit rudly told me that he does not know when can he install, I should ask dheeraj also.Dheeraj gives all sorts of excuses including bomb squad in office.Every day he tells me engineer will come in 20 minutes, but no engineer and my 2000rs are gone.What pathetic circus of an operation are these morons running?

Call the Nodal officer. Tell him about these two guys and their behavior. Their jobs are now in trouble. 😕Contact numbers of all nodal officers are available at the Airtel website.

hmm r u sure that he was an Airtel employee?..they also have a lot of franchisees goin around posing as Airtel eyees.

hey guys...im currently having the home 999 plan(airtel broadband-256 kbps,unlimited download)....i want to upgrade to the home triple play 999 IPTV plan but i have a couple of doubts:1)would the wiring be done all over again and would that be an internal wiring?(since i stay in a rented apartment and i am not too keen paying extra for an internal wiring,which i dont have right now)2)would the internet speed be affected while watching tv simultaneously?im asking these questions here since you guys are already using Airtel IPTV....i did ask tese questions to the call centre guy but i wasnt very convinced by his reply....hee seemed to be a bigger ignorant than me 😀BTW im using Hathway connection with my TV right now where i have to pay 5 rs for every paid channel...due to which i am missing out on some channels...and the services provided by them are also not very good...i hope Airtel would bring a happier TV viewing experience 🙂

1)would the wiring be done all over again and would that be an internal wiring?(since i stay in a rented apartment and i am not too keen paying extra for an internal wiring,which i dont have right now)i do not think airtel charges for extra wiring. 2)would the internet speed be affected while watching tv simultaneously?i see no difference in speed on my connection after iptv was installed.and with iptv, you end up paying around 220 rupees for 135 channels. post paid that is. seems like the best deal in the market right now.

...you end up paying around 220 rupees for 135 channels...

how?

i mean im paying 999 p.m right now only for my broadband and fixed line....after getting iptv i'll be paying 999 only....nothing extra...

infact i'll b saving the 250 rs p.m. that im paying Hathway right now... 🙂

hey guys...im currently having the home 999 plan(airtel broadband-256 kbps,unlimited download)....i want to upgrade to the home triple play 999 IPTV plan

Home 999 plan is not 256 Kbps. It's 384 Kbps. I'm using the same.

999 IPTV plan = 135 channels + 256 Kbps broadband.

So, if you go for IPTV 999 Plan, you're 384 Kbps connection will be downgraded to 256 Kbps. 😕

it still worth it. 😛i mean you get espn star sports star cricket and neo channels on airtel iptv.the only channels i think which are missing?wbrealworld movies

Status
Not open for further replies.