Beginner's luck...

• Thread starter Thread starter VG619
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 17
  • Views Views 3,043

VG619

I jst got MTNL's 590 NU installed yesterday. I ws quite pleased with it getting a speed of good 27-30 KB/s at night. But today is another story...My torrents are giving me only a 1 KB/s dload and 3KB/s upload no matter wat settings i've tweaked. :angry: I've read all about port forwarding on tons of forums (and here of course ..🙂) but there is just no visible option for that in my Router's page.The router is a UT-300R2U.Any help wud be really appreciated.Thanks.

u have to port forward

Steps To Port Forward IN Starcom UT-300R2U

log on to 192.168.1.1

then go to
1) Advance Setup ---> NAT ----> Port Triggering then Click on add
2) Give the name or choose ur
4) Put the port no or port range which u use in ur torrent app

4) choose both ie tcp n udp
save/apply

😛

Thanks for the solution akash but....
Here, have a look at what my router page displays...

All i see everywhere is configure "advanced options" and forwarding and all, but mtnl seems to have given me the only router that doesn't allow it ! :huh:

wat is their instead of auto in that droup down boxortry to go in try to go n search in the wan till u get virtual server or port triggerin

I've checked the settings on this page inside out...
The drop-down offers a choice of English and Chinese ( :blink: )
WAN gives the screen as shown below...

I've checked the settings on this page inside out...
The drop-down offers a choice of English and Chinese ( :blink: )
WAN gives the screen as shown below...

I've checked the options for Virtual server n Port forwarding long ago as well, but to no avail

Considering you were getting 27-30 KBbs earlier, there must be a problem with the tracker you are downloading from.

Ok, stop the madness!!! 😛 There's nothing wrong with ur router VG619. The url (http://192.168.1.1) ur using to login just shows u the status of ur router/modem and connection.

Login using this one http://192.168.1.1/main.html >> NAT>Advanced Setup>Virtual Servers(port forwarding) and create rules for the ports u wanna open and specifying ur LAN IP (should be 192.168.1.2 but check ur conn properties in the sys tray to confirm). Port triggering takes a while to open up the ports when it detects some activity and doesn't work everytime so don't bother with that. Also change the listening port in ur torrent client and any other p2p app for that matter to any port above 10000 to avoid any conflicts.

waterloo_sunset...YOU ARE A LIFESAVER MAN. Thanks loads, finally found the options for the Virtual server!! 😀 You Rock...hopefully now i can too 😛

I believe i've forwarded the port correctly but can't see any significant difference in my speeds. I've configured the port 14862 for the router and set it as the corresponding listening port in Bitcomet. Am attaching a screenshot of the page...

Do tell if i've screwed up some place or have smthng else to do as well...