Router Page not Opening when on LAN card

• Thread starter Thread starter sanke1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,944
ISP
MTNL
Today suddenly my router homepage 192.168.1.1 is not opening .
The net was also not working .
Router was connected to LAN card.

But when i connected it via USB it worked and even my internet is working.

The problem is this USB connection is that it is unreliable as it disconnects after i keep my comp idle. Dont kno why.

I reinstalled XP to check Operating system problem but its not.

Help me with this.

check if ur lan card is workin

one my friends had similar problem, but the problem disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared. lol, no idea how to solve it.

sounds like somethings wrong with the NIC driverstry uninstalling ur NIC(aka LAN) card from device manager and then reinstalling it from Add new hardware(Control panel)its relatively simple on WinXP/Server2003, on other OSes u might want to keep that Driver CD handyheres howRight Click the my computer icon on the desktop - select propertieson System Properties window go to the Hardware tab and click on Device managerclick on network adapters , it would drop down with one or mode devices, most ppl have just one NIC, it would say something like "10/100 fast ethernet adapter" or something of that sort, right click it and select Uninstallno to reinstall it click Start then control panel then Add new hardware, run the wizard.its my first post herehope it made sense and was of use

@austinium
Thanx Man !!!

Originally posted by mystery_inc18@Mar 14 2006, 06:10 PM
one my friends had similar problem, but the problem disappeared as mysteriously as it appeared. lol, no idea how to solve it.
[snapback]44522[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yess same here. 😉 Now its working perfectly as if the problem didnt exist.

Is it a bug in router firmware ?? anyways !!!

as someone very wisely said, half of the windows problems are solved with just a simple restart 😛

Originally posted by coolbuddy_79@Mar 14 2006, 11:25 PM
as someone very wisely said, half of the windows problems are solved with just a simple restart 😛
[snapback]44564[/snapback]
[/quote]

It only worked after 2 days depite countless restarts :lol:

Some things in windows, which say require "a" restart, actually work after restarting 2-3 times. :lol:

Originally posted by sanke1@Mar 14 2006, 08:28 PM
@austinium
Thanx Man !!!
Yess same here.  😉  Now its working perfectly as if the problem didnt exist.

Is it a bug in router firmware ?? anyways !!!
[snapback]44548[/snapback]
[/quote]

electronics sometimes hv a mind of their own, u nvr know when they stop and the again start working. Another eg is my Sony walkman its plays and stops as it wants, lol.