• Thread starter Thread starter powerontop
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2,896

powerontop

Regular
ISP
MTNL
Hi all, I am on Ubuntu Linux running Firefox 1.5.0.1(latest one). Ever since 1.5 series of Firefox I am unable to "Save and reboot" on Linux with Firefox. If I reboot into my windows setup and try with IE, it works like a charm. Is anyone facing similar problem. Can anyone confirm this or know some solution to it. Even konqueror does not work with D-Link 502T router.

i face the same prob, but i'm using firefox 1.5.0.1 on windows XP sp2

i know it can bebut meh two router got screwedso now im just scared . 😛

Originally posted by mystery_inc18@Mar 11 2006, 01:15 AM
i face the same prob, but i'm using firefox 1.5.0.1 on windows XP sp2
[snapback]44194[/snapback]
[/quote]

Ok being a developer if we couldn't solve this problem to ho chuka. So I solved it 🙂. I can now use FF and work as I do with IE on windows. I am a happy man now. Awaiting GH now 🙂

The problem is that the programmer who have written the router page has given the same name to the reboot button and the javascript function and perhaps due to a bug in new firefox it is unable to find the "reboot" function and this failing.

Originally posted by St0le@Mar 11 2006, 02:35 PM
the browser screwed ur router? 😱
[snapback]44225[/snapback]
[/quote]

Nope. Due to bug in firefox or "feature" in IE, the button is not working in FF. Now it is working fine after my hack 🙂

akash, i dont see how a broswer can be held responsiltble for that...

hmmm, me neither, even i can't see any reason why u blame ur browser.there's no way that a browser can be held responsible for that !!!

although i'm not a very big fan of IE but still i wud say that every bad thing one has on his comp is solely bcoz the user brought it there, no browser automatically downloads viruses/spywares does it 😉???

well IMO, it's a 50-50 contri...user should be careful which site to visit...and if user is not careful then torjan or viruses r written in such a way that they exploit IE's vulnerability...it's not really that IE downloads them on it's own...