Airtel IPTV new updated plans!

• Thread starter Thread starter warthog
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 45
  • Views Views 30,572
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rs. 999 for 256kbps Unlimited with IPTV - One time charge still remains @ 3999/- CRAPRs. 1299 for 384kbps Unlimited with IPTVRs. 1599 for 512kbps Unlimited with IPTV

i think they reduced the charges for existing broadband customers.

i paid 4000 + taxes.

----------

so that comes out to be around 4500 bucks.

i paid my 4k already! if i could have waited for a month! just received my first iptv bill! i think i will get back to the 1599 plan. but need one info, whats the call charges they are charging for the landline with this 1599 connection? as i have a special topup which gives me local charges to 4 metro cities, and i don't want to loose that.

since i dont use my iptv number to make calls, i switched to the 1599 plan. call 121 and get the details. let's see if you end up talking to a guy who knows about the new plans. i talked to three people. none of them had any idea about these new plans. all of them kept on saying that i am on 1499 plan that has both broadband and iptv. bunch of idiots.

i just called, and they don't know! even i asked that i subscribed a month back, and the welcome call guy told me that i will get one free movie (worth Rs 25) per month, and your website says i will get Rs 150 worth movies per month, they didn't have any idea abt that as well! He did confirm that there are new plans, but was not sure if i can change the plan right away, so logged my request and someone will get back to me!

heh. call again tomorrow morning. get another guy on the line. since you have already received your first bill, you CAN change your plan. Airtel allows you to change plan at least once a month... tell the guy to check the new packages... and ask for the call charge details you want. and switch. it would take 5 days for the plan to change. so do it fast and save money. 😛i hope they have changed my plan by now. it has already been 2 days since they took the confirmation from me. grrrr...

yep, the problem is, when they don't know abt the new plans, not sure if they will have any idea abt landline phone. i will not be surprised if they mention that thre is no landline with this plan 😀

when i got the confirmation call, the dude did tell me about the call rates. i ignored that part of the call... 😛airtel as usual has not given any details on the website itself which is a shame. anyways, i personally believe that airtel landline charges are crap. billing is doubtful. so i stick to a mobile phone for calls and use airtel solely for internet and now iptv.

i think i hv to do so now! i was using it for my STD so far, as it was cheaper. I was paying Re 1 for 3 min, to any number in Delhi/Mumbai/Kolkata/Chennai. for just additional Rs 50 per month. But to continue this, i am still stuck with 1999 plan for 512 kpbs. so, i m paying Rs 550 extra per month for this facility. my STD calls were more than this, so it was ok so far. But now I will be paying Rs 550+ Rs 400 (iptv) extra per month, which is not worth it!

yeap at 1699 bucks for 512 and iptv... its a great value for money. i can now proudly (!!) say that i am just paying 220 bucks for IPTV service 😛 still to recover 4400 spent for the STB though 🙁

i have only given a cheque of 3999 for the installation, and they have not yet encashed that cheque, thinking of putting a stop payment and asking them to charge the new rate 🙂

plans updated once again!

Digital TV from Airtel

512kbps day 1mbps night
1 mbps all day long

----------

on call with them since the last 10 minutes.

dude has no idea what night time means.

i told him. no worries. just shift.

again on hold.

BLAH.

at least he found out that iptv users have new plan options.

😀

so its not THAT bad. 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.