BIG TV re-booting - Hang on a point

• Thread starter Thread starter akkv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 20,426

akkv

ISP
bigtv
I have recently bought one year subscrition. First there was signal problem. It was corrected. After two days all channels went away asking for his this pay money. I put it off, next day tried again, but this time, it opened on first installation mode with signal quality mode with 8 green dots. "next step channel scanning" click ok. Pressed OK, it started searching...in 5 second message came saying "error type (1) has ocured. check your cable connection and try again....." This message comes back again if I restart...I tried many times. Looks like the program is getting hanged at this point.Please let me know a solution, how to go back to set-up screen and get the reciever change to factory set-up. I cannot go to any other screen than those explained above

first of all welcome to BIG tv DTH 😡check the cable if it s properly inserted in to the stb,then search,if not corrected contact CC,

Cable is properly inserted at both ends and getting adequate signal strength when tested with other signal set-up reciever.

CALL CC - that's the only solution and let those buggers do their tricks.

Hi AkkvIs the receiver STB-2 with the card insert in the sidesIf yes just do the factory reset, it will not solve the problem completely but will hang less. Try changing the receiver to STB1 with the new update its working smooth.RgdsMVC:thumb:

Hey,
I too was facing this issue of all channels asking $$ (except 556, Gyandarshan - even 101-Preview and 999-Help) - took some 10 days, and not to mention, 2 "engineer" visits.

The second engineer just did a factory-reset, kept it on standby mode, waited for 10 minutes, then called CC and asked them to reset it at their end (STB kept at standby during this)...and it worked!

Although I believe I too (and yes, the first "engineer" too) had done the same thing - under the king guidance of their CC...but this time it worked.

If CC does not help (in 4 hours, as they promise), try mailing (and re-mailing ) at info@bigtv.co.in and CustomerCare@bigtv.co.in.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that I am not able to reach the factory set up screen at all. It is looping on two screens...channel search and error page. Is there any button in the remot to start with factory restart (STB2).Thanks

The problem is that I am not able to reach the factory set up screen at all. It is looping on two screens...channel search and error page. Is there any button in the remot to start with factory restart (STB2).

Thanks

Hi,

I am getting a message "Error Type (2) check your cable connections or call CC".

To correct this error I have done the below but no use:

1. I have done factory Reset the STB press power on remote and put STB in standby mode and then press red button until all three lights in the STB blink and leave the red button, reset will start now but it still show the first activation page with language selection screen.

2. My Signal setting (STB2) are

LNB : on
freq :11700
Base freq: 12688
Pol: Horizontal
SR: 27500
FEC: 3/4

3. I press OK twice on the first language selection screen but still the the channels have not refreshed instead showing Error Type (2).

4. Checked my cable connections its connected properly.

Currently I am getting only the first activation screen with language selection option.

Note: My signal strength is good with 7 green dots.

Please reply urgently