BSNL broadband problem

• Thread starter Thread starter sivaparanur
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 6,460
Hi I am using only one splitter from the main line.then splitter to system & phone.no extension or parallel line.I want to test the splitter. Any idea if the same type /compatible is available in market? how much it will cost? past three days i am in same problem no responce from BSNLI trying each & every other person in BSNL. Im running piller to post by BSNL.Everyone says it is not our problem & giving another person rgdsSiva

just unplug the extra phones, leave the one phone on the splitter along with your modem. then check if you have the problem...

i think i remember reading on the forums, if you have many phones, you'll get this problem...

Hi
I am using only one splitter from the main line.
then splitter to system & phone.
no extension or parallel line.

I had this exact same weird problem of not able to connect to the internet if I had a parallel line(forget about even using it)

I had the normal telephone and the UT300R2U modem connected to the Telephone line through a single splitter which comes aftre that jack which is used to connect the phone directly if you had only the phone.

I had another old BSNL instrument which I wanted to use as the parallel line in my room next to the comp as it was getting frustrated to gt up every time the phone rings.

So, What I did was tried to connect this old phone to the incoming BSNL line from the pole directly w/o the splitter i.e before the splitter, as this old phone had only the copper cable and not the crimped edge/jack which you could plug into.

My internet was working, then when I disconnected and tried to reconnect, it stopped working. Called customer care an umpteen times and no response then after a week, it worked again and when I disconnected and reconnected... Poof! its gone.
Another week passed by w/o any complaints this time as I was pre-occupied with my college work.
Today, fortunately or unfortunately I've fallen ill and took off. Just got up from bed and this thought of disconnecting the parllel line and trying just boarded my train of thought.

So, here goes I thought and disconnected the old phone and guess what... It works again. 🙂

The I thought let me bridge the modem and chabged the configuration and tried again, it became querky again and stopped working.

Then I rembered to change the IP address of my LAN and did it, now its working perfectly and I thought I'll share my experience in this Forum.

As qouted above, you need to use multiple splitters for multiple parallel lines otherwise I think the mdem tries to contact the BSNL server but ends up reaching your phon and is not able to get a connection.

A lesson well learnt - no connectivity for a solid 2 weeks. 🙁

My friend, Before posting check your spelling and grammar. Use Babylon 6.0 software.