Linux Client not working

• Thread starter Thread starter mshriv
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 3,046

mshriv

Well, I know this is quite frequently asked topic but I am compelled to ask this because after 3 days of trying,trrrying and trrryyying I am still unable to lauch internet from linux.Basically, I have a dual boot system with XP home and recently installed Fedora Core 4. Sify client works fine on XP but when I try to launch it on FC4, it says"Invalid Session. Relaunch your dialer.". I don't know what's the problem is. I tried pinging to the gateway and it's working fine.I also tried installing windows client through wine but it say something like "Lan cable not connected". But then how can I ping their gateway???Can somebody heeeelllpppp??? I badly need it.Manish

launching internet from linux? 😱 😱 😱

Originally posted by Sushubh@Mar 7 2006, 11:52 PM
launching internet from linux? 😱 😱 😱
[snapback]43885[/snapback]
[/quote]

well, whatever you want to say that???? Still it is understood what I want to convey. So if you have any relevant information, then do pass it on...

well my point is. while asking questions... be as clear as possible. to the point and remove all the emotions related to ur frustrations.

Well, try to see if you can get a standards-based protocol like PPPoE.Sify client (whether for windows or linux) & such are crap....

in short sify broadband service is not compatible with linux distros!I hope you understand their minimum requirement 😛Windowz Windowz and only XP and 2000 flavors!installing their client in win98 & win95 & also in ME is tidious as it needs lot of related softwares

Thanks power. It did work. Ultimately I found out that somehow Sify was taking some different mac address(though I have already set the right one). So i manually passed mac address. SuperSify is great 🙂. Once again thanks a ton.Manish

Originally posted by sifyfan@Mar 8 2006, 10:38 AM
in short sify broadband service is not compatible with linux distros!
[snapback]43927[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have to say, not true. I have been using Sify on linux fo the past 3 years now. I've been using the standard linux client provided by Sify till last year. This year i wrote a GUI client. You can download it from here if you wish:

http://siddhesh.tk

Siddhesh

i dont understand wth u are talking . i told before also and now again ,, ANTIDIALER doesnt work

http://imageshack.us

Sify has effectively discontined support for linux by not updating their official client to their latest login protocol 🙁 . Wherever Sify is working on linux is because the old login protocol has not been done away with yet .

Originally posted by power@Mar 12 2006, 07:03 PM
i dont understand wth u are talking . i told before also and now again ,, ANTIDIALER doesnt  work

[snapback]44342[/snapback]
[/quote]

hmmm strange.... where do you live power? I live in Mumbai and have had no probs connecting at all till date.

Does the stock dialer also not work?

Siddhesh