Limit on # of messages

netfreak

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Sep 8, 2005
Currently I can not store more then 50 PMs in my account on this site. Is there a way to increase that limit? I don't think a PM will take sgnificant amount of space.

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
they're as good as mails and few r worth keeping :)

prathapml

Mjölnir
Regulars
Aug 27, 2004
Bangalore
Well, sushubh seems to have increased it to 500 for all groups, but even then eventually it will fill up.A more permanent solution, is to go to your "My Controls" & click "Archive Messages" & send upto 50 messages at a time, in HTML format, to your mailbox, after which u can save it on PC & delete from mailbox (or keep in mailbox itself).Believe me, I got the same prob (on another forum), & after my PM box capacity was increased, I'm struggling even more now, with organizing msgs in categories & sending 50 at a time to mail & whatnot... to clear it out to accept new msgs.And then a week or 2 later, all of 1000 PM clogging the message center & I'm back to cleaning it out & prioritising which HAS to be kept, which deleted, etc....The point i seek to make, is that increasing capacity is not a solution, it increases problems for all - the member, admin & the db.

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
hmm...point...never knew it even existed :p

netfreak

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Sep 8, 2005
Originally posted by prathapml@Mar 7 2006, 12:14 AM
A more permanent solution, is to go to your "My Controls" & click "Archive Messages" & send upto 50 messages at a time, in HTML format, to your mailbox, after which u can save it on PC & delete from mailbox (or keep in mailbox itself).
[snapback]43813[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks for pointing it out.

netfreak

Regulars
[OP]
Regulars
Sep 8, 2005
Archived and deleted messages from Inbox, have not received mail yet :( Hope that this feature actually works

prathapml

Mjölnir
Regulars
Aug 27, 2004
Bangalore
Oh no, why did u delete messages?You have to tell it to send messages from X folder as an html archive, and then allow it 2 minutes. After it reaches your email-inbox, delete those PM. If you deleted it too soon, probably its not able to compose the archive?Or probably, its just a matter of time. :)For example, mails from this forum dont reach me instantly - I still havent received any topic reply notifications since yday night.Or check to see if the PM archive went to your SPAM folder or something.....

coolbuddy_79

The Coolest One!!!
Regulars
Jan 30, 2005
well, i also archived it and sent it to my email but none came still...though haven't deleted them from my inbox here... :D