Query: Bandwidth Meter with Time Filter

• Thread starter Thread starter SE-Z1010
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 4,665

SE-Z1010

Hi Fellow Surfers,

Cheers to every one.
I'm new to the BBForum and glad to find a very active online community for Broadband discussions in India.

Does anyone know about any Bandwidth Meter software which can selectively avoid counting the downloads during happy hours. DU Meter, Netmeter and its clones does not have such time exclusion features.

BWmeter can do this, but the stupid 24Online client prevent it from working and the computer itself does not boot if I install BWmeter along with 24 Online Client.

It would also help if anyone has a working alternative to 24Online client so that I can use BWmeter itself. Slyberoam is no more updated and it does not work.

My ISP give 2 Mbps (Yes...250 Kilo Bytes per second) connection with night time unaccounted access from 11 PM to 6:00 AM (Happy hours). The monthly limit is 2 GB for access during other times, ie 6:00 AM to 11:00 PM. I dont want the bandwidth meter to count my usage doing the happy hours.

Cheers and have a nice time....

why not just close down the application when the 'happy hours' are going on?

Originally posted by Sushubh@Mar 3 2006, 03:10 PM
[snapback]43442[/snapback]
[/quote]

Yes thats a neat trick,

1. Create a batch file to kill the application (use taskkill command, or you can download a utility from http://www.beyondlogic.org/solutions/proce...rocessutil.htm)
2. Create a batch file to start the appication
3. With task schedular, schedule first batch file to execute at start of happy hours
4. Schedule second batch file to execute at start of happy hours.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Mar 3 2006, 03:10 PM
[snapback]43442[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thats exactly what I do now...

But never thought of the task scheduler option.. Thanks Netfreak for the tip...

But it would have been a lot more neat if any Bandwidth Monitoring tool could support this.

From: HyderabadMember No.: 2,863Net Connection Type: Aksh Broadband. 2Mbps

Originally posted by amogh_gulwady@Mar 3 2006, 10:37 PM
Which ISP is this?!?!? 😱 And where are you located...cost?
[snapback]43481[/snapback]
[/quote]

ISP: Aksh Broadband, Hyderabad

Plz visit www.aksh.in for more details on Plans and Tariffs.

Note: Always add Rs.150 to the mentioned costs. They call it service charges ;-)

Originally posted by SE-Z1010@Mar 4 2006, 10:38 AM
ISP: Aksh Broadband, Hyderabad

Plz visit www.aksh.in for more details on Plans and Tariffs.

Note: Always add Rs.150 to the mentioned costs. They call it service charges ;-)
[snapback]43510[/snapback]
[/quote]

how much u pay???.... dude....Tariffs not mentioned for 2Mbps connection...!!!

I'm paying 750 Rs per month only for the 2Mbps night unlimited connection.It is available from Aksh and it required quite some time and discussions to make them issue that package. They were basically selling only the 64Kbps unlimited package.The package costs are mentioned in the website itself. Infact all packages other than the crappy 64Kbps unlimited package are 2 mbps packages with different volume and time limits