CNN IBN wants to hear from you

• Thread starter Thread starter Abhishek
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 11,140
Good post there vishal !!Or alternatively, ask the media guys themselves, what theme do they want for their report ?...state of broadband in india ?... the problems faced by users atm....what direction to move in ?if India hopes to actually realise the media hyperbole about it being an IT superpower.I dont think this is a topic for spoilt brats, only. This countryhas just started along to the path to being officially recognised as the 6th nuclear nation despite its more urgent problems of poverty, uneducation etc.

Originally posted by max@Mar 3 2006, 04:31 PM
I have a request for everyone. Lets all gather good links of broadband packages all around the world and lets post those links over here and send it to him in an email as well. This will add a punch to our \"bitching\". Real world facts and figures make a bigger impact than all our whining and cribbing put together! 🙂
[snapback]43479[/snapback]
[/quote]

http://www.quillem.com/broadband/global-comparison

thanks blr_p 🙂

Originally posted by Abhishek@Mar 5 2006, 04:47 PM
Vishal, when I had invited guest posts for BB, why didnt you reply!!
[snapback]43687[/snapback]
[/quote]

nah, i prefer to just read stuff, i used to mostly visit some websites off my bookmarks list, only recently installed a "news aggregator" to read various blogs, that too only when i find time, hehe. look at my sad blog at vishal.blogsome.com lol

this is that apathy and laziness i was talking about heh, i'm thinking maybe you and sushubh are into this blogging and forum stuff more. and IMHO you have the hot domains broadbandforum.co and broadbandblog.in . you should capitalise on that ;-)

i'm sure there are plenty of people who want to jump in to this whole discussion/debat but they just cant afford to dial-up and then read or write stuff while their phone bill pulse is running... your catch-22, or something like that

just think if one of the tv shows does a small item on this topic and says "send in your feedback via email or SMS" or whatever, then there will be a rash of feedback for the ISPs heh

Originally posted by Vince@Mar 5 2006, 09:53 PM
http://www.quillem.com/broadband/global-comparison
[snapback]43711[/snapback]
[/quote]

good link... and another point to keep in mind...

when we say rs 250/- for a 256kbps connection, most people will think/argue that rs 250/- is so cheap, only USD $5 per month!!!

gotta bring up the purchasing parity, earnings vs. buying power etc (blah blah)... so point out this is really like USD $25/- per month for 256 kbps with a shameful data transfer limit (up AND down) of 400 MB per month!

Gah, a 5 yr old thread woken up from the dead 😀