What if somebody gets my Tel/No and CA/No ?

technotrix

[OP]
Jan 17, 2006
I had been wondering if there is any possibility of missusing somebodies login details on the ADSL account. One has to simply visit the "register.mtnl.net.in" and put the following login details to see your usage . What if somebody gets your Telephone_number and your CA_number ?. Can that person do harm to your ADSL Account or missuse your Identity..... OR in other words what else can he do with your Login details ( TEL_No & CA_No) ?????RegardsTechnoTrix

mario_a

Regulars
Regulars
Nov 20, 2005
Yes, if a person knows your Tel and CA nos. he can login into the MTNL website using your credentials, and access your account. He can also connect to the internet using your MTNL account, and you will be billed for it !

That is why MTNL strongly recommends changing the default password (i.e. your CA no.), as soon as you get your connection.

See the following section - "How to change password of Broadband Account ?" in the MTNL Triband User Guide for the steps to change your password:
http://mumbai.mtnl.net.in/internetservices...ewuserguide.pdf

(S)aint

Regular
Regulars
Oct 2, 2005
Ten points for smartness...........................out of a billion B) well that's primarily the reason why you're supposed to change your login password in the first place........................................................And in case your wondering you're wondering about the router password............ yes you should change that tooAnd Don't forget to change your login password in the router too..... once you change it on the MTNL site that is...

mario_a

Regulars
Regulars
Nov 20, 2005
Originally posted by (S)aint@Feb 28 2006, 05:47 PM
Ten points for smartness...........................out of a billion B)
I hope you weren't referring to me :p

(S)aint

Regular
Regulars
Oct 2, 2005
Originally posted by mario_a@Feb 28 2006, 05:55 PM
I hope you weren't referring to me :p
[snapback]43151[/snapback]
[/quote]

No re.....
just tryin to provide comic relief :D

vishal_j

Regular
Regulars
Dec 2, 2005
If somebody gets your tel no and ca no?Two words: You're Screwed.

mario_a

Regulars
Regulars
Nov 20, 2005
Originally posted by vishalj@Feb 28 2006, 06:11 PM
If somebody gets your tel no and ca no?
Two words: You're Screwed.

Yes, but not if you've already changed your password :)

netfreak

Regulars
Regulars
Sep 8, 2005
if someone gets hold of CA no, that person can login as you and inflate data transfer figures. Even if you change your password, it gets reset to CA no whenever there is some issue with MTNL :(

rex

Feb 27, 2006
I agree with netfreak, it happened with me. I changed my password, including creation of email, secret question etc. on the very first day and second day it was not accepting. So I tried my CA number and it was working. LOL.1 more thing can somebody explain how i am billed? I have TriB200 at my place.