Configuring My Own ADSL Modem

Hullo there.After 2 years of Airtel BB I shifted recently and HAD to take BSNL FraudBand since Airtel wasn't available in my area. :SOB:Anyway I had my own modem a Lucent CellPipe 20A USB which I thought I could use for BSNL. Obviously when the Khaki Boys came they claimed all manner of outrageous things about my modem including that "This is not ADSL Modem" even though it says ADSL modem on it!Finally I had to buy the BSNL MT882 in order to go online.Now to get to my questions.I have the Lucent modem but am getting a bit muddled up when configuring it.Its an external modem and connects via USB to the PC.Now I know I have to set VPI, VCP to 0,35 and Modulation to G.DMTWhen I'm installing the modem I get a whole bunch of choices regarding RFC 2516 PPPoE or RFC 2364 PPPoATM Null or RFC 2364 PPPoATM LLC etc. and a whole other combination of these choices regarding encapsulation.This is the part where I get confused. So if someone could help me out here I could use this modem as its much better, smaller, doesn't get hot and has none of the NAT / Port forwarding issues of the MT 882.I know its a bit technical but I can't ask for help anywhere else since it has to do with config issues for BSNL settings.Once again Thanks in Advance.I also hope this thread doesn't remain unanswered like a few otheres here where people have asked for help with configuring their own non-BSNL Modems.

These type of questions dont get answered cause no one has those modems. Its rather difficult to understand on how to configure a modem without actually seeing the configuration panel.

I Understand. The only thing I need help with is one option.There is a drop down menu for Encapsulation.Now on the BSNL website it says Encapsulation should be set as PPPoE for its own modem which stands for PPP over Ethernet.Since I have a USB Modem I was wondering if anyone else over here with their own Non BSNL External USB Modem could tell me what they have set the Encapsulation option as.