Using 2 Wireless Internet Devices at once?

• Thread starter Thread starter Kesava23
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 10
  • Views Views 5,902
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kesava23

ISP
Tata Indicom Wireless
I currently have the Tata Indicom Plug2Surf internet service and a friend of mine is about to go away and will let me use his Idea wireless internet service while he is gone. I am pretty sure that its the same thing. The same usb device setup.I am wondering if it is possible to use them both in the same computer. Ideally I would have them both running overnight downloading stuff but I can't see this being possible. He would have the best Idea plan you can get for that device. Whatever one is the unlimited fastest one. What speed is their fastest one? I currently can't access the Idea website to check.Anyway is it possible the use them at the same time perhaps using 2 different user accounts, or by running a virtual PC program and using one of the internet connections on the virtual PC to have it downloading separately? Would it be possible to do that and what speed can I expect on the best Idea wireless connection?Thankyou

using tata indicom plug to surf device........is just to waste your time and money...speed- less then the speed of an antdownloading speed- like bull shit

Well what are the Idea connections like? Is there a chance that the one I am getting would be different? I mean I am used to having 24mbps speed back in Australia so this is torture however its what I'm stuck with because this is what my dad uses here and we cant get anything else apart from wireless in the area I am, is there a faster service that uses plug2surf sort of devices? And what are the idea connections like?

you can try out the recently launched reliance and tata indicom services which promise 3.1 mbps on wireless!

You mean the Photon+ one? I don't think it is available in Vrindavan.Anyway is it possible to have 2 plug2surf devices running at the same time?Surely you could access the second one using a Virtual PC right? That way they wouldnt interfere with each other?

even if you manage to combine the two it still would not be fast enough for regular browsing or surfing...and you are unlikely to be able to combine the bandwidth from the two for a single process. what you are trying to achieve is something that is likely to make your PC more unstable.

Well I currently have to put up with 13kb/s download speed for downloading... So If I can get this Idea connection from my friend while he goes away ( I won't have to pay for it ) then I want to use it to download so at least I can have 2 different downloads going at the same time... I'm not trying to combine both into one speed, I know they will both be slow but seeing as I currently have such a slow speed I may as well try and use a second device for free even if its slow as well.

well i have seen people combining two dsl connections using a hardware based solution or a software like WinGate Proxy Server but i have never seen anyone combining two usb based mobile internet connections :redface:

Ok well can you tell me about what plans Idea offers with their plug2surf option? Would the speed vary or are all the plug2surf services pretty much the same speed?

i have had terrible experience using reliance usb based connection. there are no promised speeds. day times are worse compared to nights. if you are lucky, u get reliable connectivity for a time period.most of the time the experience is frustrating.

you can try out the recently launched reliance and tata indicom services which promise 3.1 mbps on wireless!

thanks...

well...
have a nice day

Status
Not open for further replies.